St. Petersburg: 13-story luxury condo coming

bobliocatt

NAL_0_historic_224275_1002.jpg

Developer Frank Menna plans to start demolishing to apartment houses on Oct. 15, in order to build a contemporary 13 story/19 unit condo tower, called Maranatha by the Bay, at 356 1st St. N, in November. Unit prices for the $11 million project, will range from the mid $700,000s to $2 million. Nerby residents don't approve of the design isn't architecturally compatible with other nearby historic structures.

http://sptimes.com/2005/10/02/Neighborhood...ury_condo.shtml

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than the base of the tower, which is outright horrible, the upper portions look all right to me. I may be a little biased on this topic, because I'm probably one of the few that would like to see more glass and contemporary structures (or anything other than the stucco Mediterranean Revival style, built in downtown St. Petersburg. After all, if you can't express architectural creativity in downtown, then where can you?

Other than the base of the tower, which is outright horrible, the upper portions look all right to me. I may be a little biased on this topic, because I'm probably one of the few that would like to see more glass and contemporary structures (or anything other than the stucco Mediterranean Revival style, built in downtown St. Petersburg. After all, if you can't express architectural creativity in downtown, then where can you?

well said... I agree with you.

Archived