COMPLETE: RISD Chace Center

I can't wait for this project to be done. I have always really liked the RISD museum and the experiences they provide to their guests. All "real" cities have well known museums and I hope the Chase Center puts the RISD museum on the map. If I hit the lottery (common theme here lately...) I would have given them the money to build their original design.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Chase superstructure is at full height (clearly taller than its neighboring buildings) and construction is heading towards the street (it's being built from the back to the front). It's now easily visible from the West side of the Providence river and it's becoming readily apparent that Market Square, with its historic buildings bracketed by the new Chase Center, will become one of the more interesting vistas in the city when viewed from Memorial Drive.

- Garris

The Chase superstructure is at full height (clearly taller than its neighboring buildings) and construction is heading towards the street (it's being built from the back to the front). It's now easily visible from the West side of the Providence river and it's becoming readily apparent that Market Square, with its historic buildings bracketed by the new Chase Center, will become one of the more interesting vistas in the city when viewed from Memorial Drive.

- Garris

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great so far!

I had thought it was close to full height, but now I'm not 100% sure... Here's the reduced-height render back to back with your photo:

chase002.jpg

2007-0511_chacectr001.jpg

In the render, the Chase Center looks to be about twice of the height of the building to the right, which doesn't appear to be the case in the construction, unless the steel I think I'm seeing beyond the stoplight is the upward continuation of construction.

- Garris

Archived