5th & Main

it's just dave

I stumbled across the website for 5th and Main and it sure looks like we have something exciting to look forward to to anchor the entrance to the city's eastside. With the demolition of the old projects and the attractive new neighborhood replacing it, the re-building of the Ellington ramps moving right along, and now this, the entry point at Main Street will have a decidedly different appearance going forward.

I'm sure we'll be hearing much more about this soon. This looks to be a pretty slick development on a very visible piece of land.

http://5andm.com/community_info.html

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey that is one heck of a step in the right direction. I like its modern design, which strikes me as something you would see in Berlin. East Nashville is so full of pontential with its lots and housing areas in redevelopement that its going to be hard to imagine what that area is going to look like in 25 years. IMO at least.

Based on unsubstantiated information, but a source I consider reliable, the company hopes to break ground in this month. I'm told to expect press soon on this. Wish I could say more, but I just don't know more.

Still cool, though, huh.

I think East End Lofts wants to break ground this month as well.

I sure hope this stuff is true.

Wow thats crazy that they are both supposed to break ground this month. East Nashville is undergoing such an incredible transition. Its definitley an exciting time!

Anyways, thanks for the info dave

Wow! I am very impressed. East Nasville has so much potential with it's close proximity to downtown. With projects like this one, I see something big for East nashville in the future! :rolleyes:

That is a very nice looking model. Actually, it looks like what I had hoped to see for the new courthouse. And it does look like something from Berlin. Glad to see at least some guys are breaking out of the hidebound and trite pomo/neoclassical mold. Now if somebody can just get that point across to the judges who led the courthouse design.

Isn't Bristol building something in E. Nash?

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the very first i've even heard about this project! How could this be? This looks absolutely amazing! It would be a great project in any neighborhood of any city but the fact that it is going up in EAST NASHVILLE makes it just that much more exciting. Really awesome.

I love this because it's different, in fact the Bristol project on Woodland, although smaller in scale, will also be of a contemporary design. I'll snap a photo of the sign if I get a chance.

The exciting thing is that a development on the scale of 5th and Main can possibly occur at the old Bank of America property. CODA, the company who is developing the Midtown Lofts off West End bought the property but hasn't released any plans yet. It's a very large site conveniently straddled between Main and Woodland. Across Woodland is East Park, itself scheuled immediately for a multi-million dollar rehab including tearing down the old 50s era community center and replacing it with a contemporary center more tuned to the increasing social and economic diversity of the area.

With Martin's Corner well underway, the recent completion of the new townhomes on Eastland as well as the continuing renovation of homes, the area is slicking up nicely. Two homes on Woodland between the Radio Cafe and Five Points this week sold for nearly $500,000 each. The cool part is that the area still has homes available for the ambitious (that's not me) among us. And those who already have tons of money are moving into the neighborhood.

Combine this with the magnificent Town Center roundabout plan at the confluence of Gallatin Road and Main and East Nashville will begin to give Belmont a run for its money. The developers of 5th and Main have said about the restaurants and retail for their development, "think 12South"...

And as remarkable as it may seem, we'll probably begin to see the development of Dickerson Road. Pigs may truly fly.

• 2 months later...

I don't know much about sources, but in watching the Mayor's 2005 Housing Summit, the East End Lofts and 5th and Main were mentioned in positive light as though construction will start soon on both. I would imagine that this time of year, many factors affect start dates. Everything from financing to tax considerations and such. I bet we see some action soon on these.

Could someone post a map of where 5th and main is?? I'm confused about the location. It does look like a great project though. I agree that ity's good to see some modern European looking Architecture going in. People are finally going to start knowing Nashville as a great city, not just for Country Music!

Archived