Lurkers

appatone

I have noticed that almost every time that I am on the site there are lurkers in the Charlotte forum. I think it's funny that there are so many members that have never posted despite hanging around for months. It's really no big deal but sometimes I feel spied on. I always wonder who's reading everything we say without ever saying anything in return. I also wonder why they don't say anything. Does Dee Dee come to the forum and read about her dry cracked hole? Is Doug Smith looking for his next scoop? Does Levine read the post where we make fun of him for taking so long? Are there developers here trying to get information on what their competitors are up to?

I want to challenge all of the Charlotte lurkers to post at least once. Say hi, we don't bite. You've gotten to know most of us so throw us a bone even if you never post again.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am one of your "lurkers"--I am a Charlotte ex-pat now exiled to Raleigh (shudder!) I love to keep up with all the goings on in Charlotte and I am envious of all of you who are lucky enough to live there during this exciting time. I also appreciate all of you who do post all the latest development gossip. As for why I haven't posted, well to quote Plato: "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something." :)

I am one of your "lurkers"--I am a Charlotte ex-pat now exiled to Raleigh (shudder!) I love to keep up with all the goings on in Charlotte and I am envious of all of you who are lucky enough to live there during this exciting time. I also appreciate all of you who do post all the latest development gossip. As for why I haven't posted, well to quote Plato: "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something." :)

or was that pluto?? :P

Yeah... I've got the same problem with lurkers in the Tallahassee forum. Not quite on the same scale as you do in Charlotte, but very similar and at times, very uncomfortable. I'd like for all to know we're here to have a discussion, and any contribution they can make (wether just saying hello) helps us to improve the level of the conversation.

I like this thread. Good idea.

Well, as long as the lurkers aren't ripping off the work of other posters (which has already happened a couple times here), I don't think it's much of a problem. I spent months lurking, just getting a feel for the community and the way people interact with each other. To be honest, I probably wouldn't post at all if I didn't have so much free time at work. I certainly don't have any juicy insider knowledge to contribute, and god knows the language filters here have eliminated virtually 75% of my vocabulary.

Welcome to UP, guy4charlotte. It's a bad time to have to leave Charlotte, but there are certainly worse places to be than in Raleigh.

I have noticed that almost every time that I am on the site there are lurkers in the Charlotte forum. I think it's funny that there are so many members that have never posted despite hanging around for months. It's really no big deal but sometimes I feel spied on. I always wonder who's reading everything we say without ever saying anything in return. I also wonder why they don't say anything. Does Dee Dee come to the forum and read about her dry cracked hole? Is Doug Smith looking for his next scoop? Does Levine read the post where we make fun of him for taking so long? Are there developers here trying to get information on what their competitors are up to?

I want to challenge all of the Charlotte lurkers to post at least once. Say hi, we don't bite. You've gotten to know most of us so throw us a bone even if you never post again.

you know that these peeps hang out here and it's where they find out the "next big thing" hehe

Archived