Lets Talk About Beer!

torgo

All right, enough of this serious talk. I noticed we don't have an official Beer thread! What gives?? :D

I'm a big fan of Founders IPA and Red's Rye. Other good breweries are Arcadia, Bells, New Holland.

What's your favorite?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All right, enough of this serious talk. I noticed we don't have an official Beer thread! What gives?? :D

I'm a big fan of Founders IPA and Red's Rye. Other good breweries are Arcadia, Bells, New Holland.

What's your favorite?

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's. Or anything made by Larry Bell for that matter.

Nitro

Do they still make beer at the BOB? I haven't been there in a long time and haven't heard much about their beers recently

Last time I was at Kirby they had it, same with Roses. So i'm assuming their beer is still being made at the BOB yes.

Do they still make beer at the BOB? I haven't been there in a long time and haven't heard much about their beers recently

The BOB is slowly phasing out their beer. I think New Holland and Founders will be taking the place if I remember correctly...

Ok, have been watching this thread for a while, and will add my two cents worth...

Am always amazed how younger folks seem to like the hardier beers--my son is a Bell's fan, and swears by the Oberon, lol.

I on the other hand, like very light pale beers, not the half-calory versions, but pale light beer. Examples (and my favorites) would be Corona for an import, and Rolling Rock for a US version (and cheap too!)...

I have read that Founders makes a "Pale Ale"... Anyone tasted it to see if it is in this same category???

By the way, I have very good memories of Stroh's being the local favorite pale ale from the days we didn't have so many choices, and very much miss it...

And for those of you who travel, you all know you have to treasure Vernors (yes I know it isn't a beer), cause there are a lot of places in the country you cannot get it. I have relatives from the South who always bring a case of Vernor's back with them, lol

(and I'm old enough to remember when I would put a case of Coors in my trunk when driving back from Colorado, when it was not available locally, lol)

:)

Ok, have been watching this thread for a while, and will add my two cents worth...

Am always amazed how younger folks seem to like the hardier beers--my son is a Bell's fan, and swears by the Oberon, lol.

I on the other hand, like very light pale beers, not the half-calory versions, but pale light beer. Examples (and my favorites) would be Corona for an import, and Rolling Rock for a US version (and cheap too!)...

I have read that Founders makes a "Pale Ale"... Anyone tasted it to see if it is in this same category???

By the way, I have very good memories of Stroh's being the local favorite pale ale from the days we didn't have so many choices, and very much miss it...

And for those of you who travel, you all know you have to treasure Vernors (yes I know it isn't a beer), cause there are a lot of places in the country you cannot get it. I have relatives from the South who always bring a case of Vernor's back with them, lol

(and I'm old enough to remember when I would put a case of Coors in my trunk when driving back from Colorado, when it was not available locally, lol)

The closest thing to a "regular beer", like a Bud or a Coors, you'll find at Founders is probably the Extra Pale Ale. The regular Pale Ale is pretty good too. :D

Can we start calling you grandpa? ;)

Can we start calling you grandpa? ;)

Sorry, lol, have no grandkids (yet)...

And I really didn't know Stroh's was still available--must not be drinking in the right places anymore..

Honestly, have not really seen it in sixpacks either, or am I just not looking carefully on the lower shelves (since its so hard to bend over these days, lol)--

and I shop both at D&W and Meijer (note the singular spelling, I'll try to discipline myself, lol)

Honestly, have not really seen it in sixpacks either, or am I just not looking carefully on the lower shelves (since its so hard to bend over these days, lol)--

There's your problem. Think bigger :D. The best way to buy Strohs is in the 30 pack at Meijer. It goes on sale quite often for say.. 13 bucks? Can't beat that.

There's your problem. Think bigger :D. The best way to buy Strohs is in the 30 pack at Meijer. It goes on sale quite often for say.. 13 bucks? Can't beat that.

yah one downfall of my beer snobbery is that its expensive. bells ranges from 7.50 - 9.00 for a six-pack :blink: Lawnmower beer is much more economical.

yah one downfall of my beer snobbery is that its expensive. bells ranges from 7.50 - 9.00 for a six-pack :blink: Lawnmower beer is much more economical.

I've found that OP beer is always the right price. And as my father-in-law always told me - "If you drink more than 3, you're just drinking to pee". :thumbsup:

I'm afraid to ask, andy. What is lawnmower beer?? Please tell me it just means you drink it while mowing the lawn :P

Archived