Comedy Clubs

i am always a guy in for a good laugh, and there are many places in charlotte where you can, how could I say this best, get your laugh on. What is your favourite and why? The comedy zone is my favourite, but nothing can ever live up to the perch, whatever happened to the perch, I heard they have a new location anyone know where, if they actually do have one.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Perch is apparantly located on Central Avenue now. It's in an old brick building with "The Perch" written in neon green in a side window. Now, I can't recall the exact location, I have no idea what the building was previously used for, and I can't even say for sure whether the place is open or still in the process of moving, but I swear I'll try to remember to get more info tonight.

I believe The Perch is sharing a space in Plaza-Midwood with another improve group. It's called the Charlotte Comedy Theatre. I've been meaning to check them out sometime. I've heard they are pretty good. There are a few other improv groups in town but I've never seen them. I've heard one in particular isn't that great.

Edit: just saw the post above mine, sorry for the double post then. The theatre is on Hawthorne, 1111 Hawthorne. The Perch performs Thursdays @9:00.

Tragically, not in a long while. I did catch the troupe when they were performing wherever they could find a place; in that particular case it was up at the Neighborhood Theatre.

Talking Baby made promos for Comedy Central for a brief time.

I have been to The Comedy Zone a couple of times to see big "names". Saw Paula Poundstone and Kevin Meaney there.

Archived