Skypoint

FLMIKE

I recently got "the call" from skypoint advising that I had been selected during the second phase of the lottery. I was actually surprised I got selected considering there are only 380 some units and from what I'd heard several thousand people signed up- Has anyone heard anything about this? Are people backing out because of the 10% downpayment-go straight to contract requirements by Novare?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they had there first round of their lottery a few months ago but did not have the condo docs available until about two weeks ago at which point the money down was required. it is 5% down for anything under 200k and and 10% for anything over. the first drawing was only fo r100 units leaving 280 available for the second drawing. they are planning to be done in the 2nd Q of 2007 now which is a bit later than orginally slated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FLMIke and anyone else interested for that matter - i recentley signed my contract on a skypoint unit and although small i think its going to work out perfectly for my needs. here is a little site i put together in my spare time at work to try and figure out what i was working with. click the round buttons for panoramas. the view is pretty close to what i will have:

http://www.interactivedesigndecisions.com/skypoint.html

WOW! I might need to change my major. I'm a big fan of this type of stuff.

JahDish: Site looks good- It's too bad Novare didn't have something similar. It would've helped in my selection process. I selected unit 01 on the 19th. Do you know if the have they made any progress on the balcony vs. DOT situation?

flmike - thanks i wish they had something like this as well. the full size model condo was great but those other little unti models that were made out of the whiteboard were basically useless. as far as the balconies go - i was not aware that they were having that problem on the ashley drive side of the building as well. good luck with that. i would love to have one but at the same time i don't see my self ever really using it.

My unit is approx 765 sq ft. If I need more space I can stick my head out the window! by the way, does anyone know if the windows will be wind resistant or impact resistant like mandated in costal counties?

I dont know the specifics with regards to Skypoint. I do know however that 1/2 Impact resistant glass is a pretty typical feature on newer buildings of this size in Tampa.

I have yet to get "the call" from the Skypoint sales office....however I motivated two of my close freinds at the time to register and sign up on my behalf. A ex-freind was picked however and I guess I am now out of the game....is there any other way to purchase a condo at SKYPOINT. I absolutely have to have a unit in this complex...does anyone have any other suggestions or options which would work to my behalf?

As far as i know they still have some calls to make to people in the second lottery drawing so you may still have a chance in that regard. The units are not assignable per the contract, but you may be able to find someone looking to do a double closing with you at closing time

I have yet to get "the call" from the Skypoint sales office....however I motivated two of my close freinds at the time to register and sign up on my behalf. A ex-freind was picked however and I guess I am now out of the game....is there any other way to purchase a condo at SKYPOINT. I absolutely have to have a unit in this complex...does anyone have any other suggestions or options which would work to my behalf?

Admins Reminder. Please read the forum rules. Posts devoted to the buying and selling of specific property will be deleted (as they were in this case) and you may be suspended or banned from the site. Please enjoy yourself at UrbanPlanet, but please also observe this restriction. Otherwise we would become a spam site for the real estate market.

Anyone care to guess how long before this 1920's bldg is replaced by a shiny new condo?

Gold Bank Plaza, at 601 N. Ashley Drive, was purchased from receivership for $7 million in July by Novare-intowngroup, developer of the nearby SkyPoint residential condo tower.

Anyone care to guess how long before this 1920's bldg is replaced by a shiny new condo?

Gold Bank Plaza, at 601 N. Ashley Drive, was purchased from receivership for $7 million in July by Novare-intowngroup, developer of the nearby SkyPoint residential condo tower.

Is that the property located one block just to the south of Skypoint? :rolleyes:

Archived