New Construction Update Photos - Circa 1981/82

GRDadof3

4th picture: Look for the 6 - 7 story building where Huntington Bank (50 Monroe?) stands now. Is this building still there with the metal skin on it of 50 Monroe? No Campau Plaza Building. No windows on the river side of Forslund Condos. And of course no Israels Bldg anymore.

Someone in my office today mentioned they heard a rumor that underneath the facade of the Huntington Bank building is one of GR's greatest pieces of architecture. Is this legend or fact? I tried to locate the building in these Amway photos from the 80s, but couldn't figure out which it is.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about greatest pieces of architecture, but there is a brick building underneath that aluminum siding :P . It's the brown building in the middle right side of this picture. You can see the characteristic "jog" in the building between the portion that faces Monroe and the one that faces Ottawa (just like it does now).

0236AC7035F811DA80636D32180B1119.jpg

We were talking about that building and the rumored sale here, dbrok:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16870

Archived