Is your neighborhood safe enough for a walk at night?

monsoon

Is your neighborhood safe enough for a walk at night?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is your neighborhood safe enough for a walk at night?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm near Matthews. A few years ago there were these two girls in about jr. high or high school that would be on their way home whenever I was coming home. One would roller blade and the other would run behind her.

I personally think their parents should have been watching them better because it was always really late at night for them to be out but at least it's safe enough for them to do so.

I live in Hidden Valley and I feel safe. I never walked outside at night only during the day, but it's pretty quiet at night. I've noticed that sometimes during the day ladies would walk down the streets with sticks in their hands but I don't think much of it.

I live off Seneca, and often walk along Park to one of the local bars/restaurants, and always walk to get groceries. GF does the same if its not too late with no problems and feels pretty safe. But most women will not walk alone late at night, no matter where they live. In this day and age I dont blame them.

I am at the corner of Sharon and Colony in South Park. My thoughts are that there is crime anywhere you have a mall. Typically of the non-violent variety (car theft or purse snachers). Speaking to violent crimes, I would have to say my neighborhood is quite safe.

A2

I live in Country Club Heights....its a hidden little gem somewhat between Plaza Midwood and Noda (typical 50s ranches but great neighborhood location and atmosphere). I think its definitely safe to walk after dark over there.

Welcome to UP Zeitgeist !

Glad you could join us.

A2

B)

For now we are in Cameron Wood across from South Meck in South Charlotte. No problem walking, but there have been plenty of robberies. Two years ago we had a rash of them. Everyone suspected "people from the apartments" on Johnston Rd. Turned out the thieves were teen sons of neighborhood families.

I feel safe. Im in Cabarrus county. I have a Concord addy but Im closer to Harrisburg. After living in Philly for 5 years, Charlotte is like a dream. Im not saying theres not a problem with crime, but this past spring before I moved back to NC there were 21 murders in philly in one 3 day weekend. Hows that for scary!

I live in Country Club Heights....its a hidden little gem somewhat between Plaza Midwood and Noda (typical 50s ranches but great neighborhood location and atmosphere). I think its definitely safe to walk after dark over there.

I live in Country Club Heights too! It really is such an adorable neighborhood. I stumbled upon it a few years ago when I was invited to a Christmas party and ended up buying a house there. There are so many people upgrading here too and I love seeing the improvements.

Personally as a female I do not think that it is safe to walk anywhere alone at night. I don't care where you live. Gated, not gated. I watch alot of City Confidential, American Justice, etc on A&E and perhaps that makes me paranoid, but I'd rather be paranoid and alive/not raped than the latter! I think the jogger in Dilworth is a case in point. I bet a lot of folks think Dilworth is safe too. But having a false sense of security is not a good thing. Always be aware of your surroundings whether you feel safe or not. ::ends soapbox::

Archived