The Galleria (Wal-Mart)

DigitalSky

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/bus...th/12820037.htm

this article mentions that The Galleria, near matthews (Monroe/Sardis North) has a pedestrian friendly atmosphere to it among the Wal-Mart designed not to look so big boxy (which it looks a lot better than the supercenter on S Tryon).. but i'm not so sure that with it's sea of parking it's the most pedestrian friendly.

galleria7vl.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything over there except Wal Mart... is pedestrian Friendly.. and yes.. that Parking LOT is HUGE... once they finish construction of more buildings and the apartments, I guess you would see more people walking around.... My favorite part about Galleria is the cheap gas station..

Everything over there except Wal Mart... is pedestrian Friendly.. and yes.. that Parking LOT is HUGE... once they finish construction of more buildings and the apartments, I guess you would see more people walking around.... My favorite part about Galleria is the cheap gas station..

I was just walking around there tonight. You're right. The Wal Mart part itself is not very pedestrian friendly but the rest of it is (although I wish they'd put up more awnings becasue I got kind of wet). It's easier to walk around there than it is to drive. That parking lot is hellatious.

I thought I'd see how patient I was tonight at that gas station. The lines were crazy and I gave up after a few minutes. The man in front of me even got out of his car and strolled up to the pump to see what was taking so long. He wasn't rude about it or anything (or at least he looked polite from where I was). I should have stayed as there was no unleaded at the 76 up the street. :(

Archived