Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

tallyskyclose.jpg

Seeing as how there are now over 100+ people on UrbanPlanet who list Tallahassee as their home, and how we've experienced tremendous growth in this forum since its creation just a few months ago, I felt it was time to create a place where we can introduce ourselves and maybe tell a little about the things that interest us. From time to time you'll notice a few changes in the forum as new developments occur and topics are added, or as status of project and news changes. I'll do my best to keep pace with Tallahassee's growth and breaking developments and I hope many of you will help!

Welcome to Urban Planet!

Edited by Florida

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who Am I...

Name: My friends call me "Florida"

School: The Florida State University Alumni

Hometown: Tallahassee

High School: Lincoln

Born: Califnornia

Hobbies: Sports (Lakers, Noles), Music (Smooth Jazz), Cars.

Other Cities I've lived in: Los Alimitos, CA, Atlanta, GA.

Edited by Florida

I don't live in Tallahassee but I am a regular reader of the forum so I thought I would introduce myself too.

My name is Zack and I live in a suburb of Detroit. I am a senior in high school and some of my hobbies include urban exporing, going to downtowns, riding my bike and playing basketball. After high school I plan on going to a community college near me and becoming a police officer.

I am

Name: Jake

Hometown: Douglasville, Georgia

High School: Chapel Hill (no, not in NC)

Born: Douglasville, GA (which is just outside of Atlanta)

Hobbies: Acting, Writing (stories, I hate essays), Video games (especially Ratchet and Clank, which is why it is my avatar), All things Atlanta, photography, urban planning, architecture, TV (especially "Cheers" and several Britcoms like Blackadder, Coupling, Last of the Summer Wine, Are You Being Served, My Family, etc.)

Other Cities I've been to: (Aside from Atlanta) Savannah, Brunswick, Athens, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cleveland, Washington DC, Daytona Beach, Lake Wales, Tampa, St. Augustine, Panama City Beach, Biloxi & Pascagoula, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Asheville, Cincinnati*, the Outer Banks Villages, and San Antonio.

*Only passed through, but spent the night there.

Edited by ironchapman

Ironchapman - was it you who said you had relatives in Lake Wales or Indian Lk Estates area? I cant remember.

Anyways, Im Matt, I'm 21. Im from Orlando/Winter Park. I am a Jr at FSU majoring in Applied Economics, Economics, and Political Science. I plan on doing law after undergrad. I work in the Florida House of Representatives. New York and Atlanta are my favorite cities, and if the Braves dont pick it up, fast, Im going to be pissed.

TJ,

You're a Lincoln High grad, huh? Our biggest rival! I went to Columbia High in Lake City. And, of course I'm a UF fan. I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree about sports.

Other than sports, I have nothing but respect for your opinions on the board.

Oh yeah,

Name: Rocky

School: University of Florida - Master's in Real Estate

High school: COLUMBIA HIGH (the winningest high school football program in the state!!)

Good credentials! My Step D is from Queens...

Im 22 on the 29th of this month. Art major, thinker. Like biking through town at night. I like infill more than sprawl, but growth more than all. I am a green party guy who will not wiaste my vote on them. FSU since birth, and I only post 3 days a week....lol

^lol... I've been biking too. Nothing like a good bike on the roads. My next car will be hybrid or burn hydrogen. btw... I think the world of this guy! I think he's right with me on just about everything we've discussed.

Name:Chris

Occupation: Soon to be graduating Masters student in Urban and Regional Planning

Wattup Chris... good to finally know your name. I hate to admit this, but I thought you were a girl before you posted this. Good to see a good Urban and Regional person here. I'm thinking about making that a second major. Are you going to work for the city when you finish, we need some good planners ( you know planners usually become City Manager$).

^lol... I've been biking too. Nothing like a good bike on the roads. My next car will be hybrid or burn hydrogen. btw... I think the world of this guy! I think he's right with me on just about everything we've discussed.

Wattup Chris... good to finally know your name. I hate to admit this, but I thought you were a girl before you posted this. Good to see a good Urban and Regional person here. I'm thinking about making that a second major. Are you going to work for the city when you finish, we need some good planners ( you know planners usually become City Manager$).

Maybe county, Maybe state...We'll see

Ironchapman - was it you who said you had relatives in Lake Wales or Indian Lk Estates area? I cant remember.

Yep. I used to go down to the Lake Wales area about three times a year for the first 12 years of my life. We usually stayed in the area for about three whole days before either going home (Thanksgiving) or going to Daytona (summer0 or Orlando (Spring Break).

We stopped going so often when he died in March of 2002.

Last time I was in Florida (in summer 2003), I was in Daytona Beach, which was a great way to make up for the terrible Panama City vacation I had just been on over Spring Break of that year.

New York and Atlanta are my favorite cities, and if the Braves dont pick it up, fast, Im going to be pissed.

Amen B)

Hey I'm a student at FSU looking for a place to live near or around campus, condos, townhouses apartments anything avialable thats going to be ready around fall next year and newly built. Prices are flexible but symphony and commons are way out of my league at $250,000 was looking for more of a market price something under or around $200,000 1 or 2 bedroom unit any info would be great thanks.

YAY!!!

:yahoo: Welcome to the UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee RKelly :yahoo:

Let's see....

Plaza Tower still has units going at around $155,000... you might want to check their website for details on the floor plan.

There's always the Tallahassee Center, especially if you're a FSU student. They've got a unit for 167,900 still available. You could live in it during the semester, and the management will be happy to rent it out when you're not there to earn you some money on your investment. This unit would come fully furnished... I'm not sure about the Gameday Center.

I'd wait around for more details on the Cloisters and the Village... I have reason to believe units in each project will be in your price range, but no official details to date. I'd expect the Cloisters to be completed on or before next fall.

RKelly!! Wow! It's great having you here...

All of the projects I've mentioned here can be found throughout the forum in picture and detail. Check the "Tallahassee Development" thread, in addition to the threads of the named projects. Hope to hear more from you. And Welcome to UrbanPlanet!

Edited by TaureanJ