Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

Ah Sunfish must be rather near Bowling Green? (home of the Corvette) I've spent some time in BG at the Corvette Museum on several occasions.

Bowling Green is where folks from Sunfish went to get legal liquor. A lot of Kentucky counties are still dry.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey y'all, just signed up.

Name: Hank

Hometown: Tallahassee

High School: Leon, which didn't do much for me

Born: right here at TMH

Hobbies: drinking cheap beer on my stoop, supporting local/independent music (mostly oi, ska, punk, and bluegrass, but I do branch out)

Other Cities I've lived in: Atlanta, Boston, spent a little time in Cali near LA.

I love this town with my heart and soul. I've lived out in the woods of Lloyd and all through Tally. I moved off to some big cities in my 20s, had a hell of a time, but I always come home. I've got a stack of family here, and I like to stay close.

Hey y'all, just signed up.

Name: Hank

Hometown: Tallahassee

High School: Leon, which didn't do much for me

Born: right here at TMH

Hobbies: drinking cheap beer on my stoop, supporting local/independent music (mostly oi, ska, punk, and bluegrass, but I do branch out)

Other Cities I've lived in: Atlanta, Boston, spent a little time in Cali near LA.

I love this town with my heart and soul. I've lived out in the woods of Lloyd and all through Tally. I moved off to some big cities in my 20s, had a hell of a time, but I always come home. I've got a stack of family here, and I like to stay close.

:yahoo: Welcome to UP{sodEmoji.|}Tallahassee fivesfella :yahoo:

Glad you decided to join us!

Name: Erik

School: The Florida State University (School Psychology)

Hometown: Valley City, OH

High School: Buckeye, OH

Born: Middleburg Heights, CA

Hobbies: Sports, Music, Reading, TV.

Other Cities I've lived in: Valley City, OH.

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Bobby

School: The Florida State University (Meteorology)

Hometown: Cape Coral, FL

High School: Mariner

Born: Hialeah, FL

Hobbies: Sports (Marlins, Noles) and Meteorology (Weather PWNS all).

Other Cities I've lived in: Miami, Pembroke Pines, & Key Largo

Name: Bobby

School: The Florida State University (Meteorology)

Hometown: Cape Coral, FL

High School: Mariner

Born: Hialeah, FL

Hobbies: Sports (Marlins, Noles) and Meteorology (Weather PWNS all).

Other Cities I've lived in: Miami, Pembroke Pines, & Key Largo

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet{sodEmoji.|}Tallahassee CapeFish! :yahoo:

I see you've wasted no time setting things up for yourself. Excellent work. Look forward to reading MANY MANY MANY of your posts.

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Woody

School: FSU

High School: Leon

Born: Jasper FL (moved here in '62)

Hey all... like many others, I found this site quite by accident and I'm glad I did. Except for 12 years in Boston after college, I've pretty much lived here all my life. I really liked New England but the winters are waaaay too long and waaaay too cold... I was glad to get back home... :-)

• 2 months later...

Name: Rick Ro$$

School: University Of Miami alumni

High School: Carol City

Hometown: Miami

In addition to being a rapper, I also have a thing for development and all things related. rickrossdcc2.jpg

welcome Rick Ross, You arent the real rick ross are you?

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know where to put this, but here goes.... After a bit over 5 years in Tally and just under 2 years with Leon County, I am moving on and going back to NY to accept a position with a planning firm in Rochester NY. It has been interesting reading your persepctives on development and planning in the Leon County area. While I will no longer be living in town, I will occasionally be lurking on UP, keeping up with what's going on in Tallytown.

Chris

psycuda your valuable input will be missed. Ah, you are going to the private sector, hopefully the big bucks will follow. :P Best of luck and come visit us sometime even if it has to be via the cyber world.

Have you bought that new coat yet?

I figure I'll use the coat I used on vacation every year and just wear some more layers (That's the secret, right). The first thing I do need to get, though, is a good pair of boots. Plus, I might need the big bucks to pay for the heating oil....

Edited by psycuda

Aww Rochacha. I desperately want to move back there, its a good town, no end of things to do. Good luck with your move and new job psycuda!

Yes it is a good place. I've been trying to get back there since I graduated from Brockport in 1994, now it's finally about to happen. Besides, now I can actually afford to live in one of those neighborhoods that Urban Planners love to talk about trying to build, only it's already there and not 20 miles from the middle of town where everyone needs a car to get around to work or anything else outside their little bubble.

Awwwwwwwww....Man! We sure will miss your valued input.

You are moving just in time to return to THE SNOW BELT! Time to break out all the cold weather gear and the all weather boots.

I used to live in Rome, NY. We had winter from October to Late April nothing but SNOW, SNOW, SNOW.

Since being in Florida I haven't looked backed.

Anyway, Congratulations and keep on making the big bucks!!!!

Awwwwwwwww....Man! We sure will miss your valued input.

You are moving just in time to return to THE SNOW BELT! Time to break out all the cold weather gear and the all weather boots.

I used to live in Rome, NY. We had winter from October to Late April nothing but SNOW, SNOW, SNOW.

Since being in Florida I haven't looked backed.

Anyway, Congratulations and keep on making the big bucks!!!!

But remember, it's between the two lake effect belts (or at least that's what I need to convince myself after the first time of digging around my car.)

Yes it is a good place. I've been trying to get back there since I graduated from Brockport in 1994, now it's finally about to happen. Besides, now I can actually afford to live in one of those neighborhoods that Urban Planners love to talk about trying to build, only it's already there and not 20 miles from the middle of town where everyone needs a car to get around to work or anything else outside their little bubble.

Are you moving into the city or one of the suburbs? We lived in the Neighborhood of the Arts a couple blocks from the Eastman House. It's amazing the amount of house you can buy in Rochester compared to Tallahassee, though the houses themselves are vastly different. And Wegmans...*sigh* that's all I can say. I'm insanely jealous.

Are you moving into the city or one of the suburbs? We lived in the Neighborhood of the Arts a couple blocks from the Eastman House. It's amazing the amount of house you can buy in Rochester compared to Tallahassee, though the houses themselves are vastly different. And Wegmans...*sigh* that's all I can say. I'm insanely jealous.

I'm trying to find a place in the City, either in the Southwedge/Swillburg area or closer to Village Gate, since that is where my office is. While I'm glad I'll be able to shop at Wegmans again, I don't know if I will be able to handle the relentless Fuceillo commercials or attempt to devour a garbage plate at Nick Tahou's.