Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

Hey there,

My name's Julian, I've been covering city goings-on for the Democrat since last August and sort of wandered onto your listserve (is that what this is called?) while I was reading up on student housing.

I know nothing about Internet postings and their rules of the road, so I thought I'd sign in and introduce myself. You all obviously have a lot of interesting things to say, and I want to make sure it's OK to contact you individually from time to time. Please let me know how all this works... Thanks

Here's a little about me:

Julian Pecquet

29, married, moved here in May '05 and just bought a house on Yancey Street near the Lake Ella plaza

I'm a native of France, been living in the US since 2001

I'm reachable at 599-2307, or [email protected]

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee ReporterJulian! :yahoo:

I agree with the others! We are very happy to have you here to discuss with us the "city goings-on". We've needed someone from inside the news paper for quite a while. I hope to get to know you a little better throughout the course of your stay, please feel free to add topics to the Forum as you see fit, and any comments you feel you want to share. I know I ask tons of questions, and I welcome any questions you and anyone asks of me. I hope to see you become an active member on here!

Thanks for joining us!!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Urban Planet Julian! :D I think you will find the Tallahassee Forum an interesting place to hang out with the rest of us. It's always good to have new members to welcome aboard. Who knows, maybe your next story for the Democrat will be inspired by something discussed in this forum. Tell our good friend Juana Jordan we all said "Hi" Look forward to seeing you on the boards!

What a handsome boy! I'm a serious dog lover....more like fanatic. If you're interested, there's a cool website where your dog can have it's own webpage......Dogster. I have all 7 of my babies on there. They're back home in Miami, of course. There's even one for cats, so Ebony can put her cats on there! :P

Here's links to my dogs, if anyone's interested

http://www.dogster.com/?45779

http://www.dogster.com/?31385

http://www.dogster.com/?45778

http://www.dogster.com/?80353

http://www.dogster.com/?104907

http://www.dogster.com/?104909

http://www.dogster.com/?143945

http://www.dogster.com/?149766

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

My name is Mike and I'm a weather addict.

(Everyone: "Hello Mike.")

I'm an occasional lurker (just to see what y'all are saying about us :), plus I love Tallahassee and the surrounding areas).

I've been here (on the job at WCTV) since 1993, but also went to FSU (B.S. in Meteorology - 1988).

It's nice to see people who care so much about their community.

Mike

--

Wow!!!! It's Mike the weather guy, too cool. Not only am I an Urban Planet geek, but I'm also a huge weather geek! I live downtown and have been logging daily max/min temps at my house since I moved in. There is a huge difference between my winter lows and those out at the frostport. I like it very much when on cold nights you mention what the "in-town" will be much warmer than the airport and actually predict what the low will be in-town....please keep that up.

So tell us more about the new studios, if you can.

Most of all Welcome!

Welcome to Urban Planet - Tallahassee, Mike! :)

It's GREAT to have you on here with us & we look forward to your input. Thanks for introducing yourself. YES....Please tell us more about the new WCTV studios & when you guys are moving out of that the dilapidated, ancient building on Hwy 12?

Oh, Did you read/like our observations in the media thread about how Nancy Dignon's white tennis shoes were always showing through the cheap looking glass panel of 27's newsdesk after they relocated to WFSU's studios? Ha! We all got a laugh off of it.

Glenn

Edited by Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, not so new member to Urbanplanet. I have read the postings here for quite a while but never thought about joining until today. Real Estate is my second hobby (Computers being the first) and maybe Golf third. I love checking Urbanplanet for the area's development news. Also some other the other cities in our region of the countryas well.

I grew up in Madison County Florida then moved to Jefferson and now live in Tallahassee. I have worked in Tallahassee for the past 16 years. I have always considered Tallahassee to be home for me even as a young child. (Not much of a country living person) Nice to visit but I love living in the city.

I have traveled all over the world and had many opportunites to live in various cities in the US but chose Tallahassee because of its small town feel with bigger city amenities.

Me, my wife and kids plan on staying here for quite a while longer, maybe until retirement. Then maybe move back to Jefferson County for a slower paced life. We still own property there and really love Monticello as well. Its nice to see it growing again.

Hi everyone, not so new member to Urbanplanet. I have read the postings here for quite a while but never thought about joining until today. Real Estate is my second hobby (Computers being the first) and maybe Golf third. I love checking Urbanplanet for the area's development news. Also some other the other cities in our region of the countryas well.

I grew up in Madison County Florida then moved to Jefferson and now live in Tallahassee. I have worked in Tallahassee for the past 16 years. I have always considered Tallahassee to be home for me even as a young child. (Not much of a country living person) Nice to visit but I love living in the city.

I have traveled all over the world and had many opportunites to live in various cities in the US but chose Tallahassee because of its small town feel with bigger city amenities.

Me, my wife and kids plan on staying here for quite a while longer, maybe until retirement. Then maybe move back to Jefferson County for a slower paced life. We still own property there and really love Monticello as well. Its nice to see it growing again.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee BigHardDrivesRule :yahoo:

Glad you finally joined us!

• 1 month later...

Might as well make my official entry:

Name: Brian

Home: Weems Plantation

I lived in Tallahassee from 1997 to 2003 and moved back last May. I have also lived in Naples (83-86), North Palm Beach (86-87), Winter Park/Rollins College (87-91), Gainesville (91-97), and Ft. Myers (03-05).

I have been interested in urban sprawl since taking a course on it at Rollins, and I generally like to know what is happening in my community.

One more thing . . . . Go Gators!

Yes. I have used the trail that runs off Weems into Tom Brown a few times but have not explored much. I am not near the bicyclist I used to be (30 pounds, 8 years, and less a child seat on the back ago). It hasn't gotten my bicycling urges up as much as my frisbee golf urge. I used to play in the early 80's when I lived just outside Chicago and was pleasantly surprised to see that it is quite popular here.