Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must like the Bank of America bldg??? aka to me as the Queen bldg. My friend use to work on the 40th floor of that bldg. and I have been to the top. Great view. Charlotte is a nice town and growing rapidly, however if I were to live in a metro that big again, Charlotte would be too conservative for my taste. Since my very good friends live in CLT, I visit there several times a year.

Welcome!

You must like the Bank of America bldg??? aka to me as the Queen bldg. My friend use to work on the 40th floor of that bldg. and I have been to the top. Great view. Charlotte is a nice town and growing rapidly, however if I were to live in a metro that big again, Charlotte would be too conservative for my taste. Since my very good friends live in CLT, I visit there several times a year.

Welcome!

why do you call it the queen building?

Welcome to the Tallahassee Urban Planet Eaglemax!!! I agree with you that the B of A bldg. in Charlotte is beautiful. I have been to Charlotte on numerous occassions and I love the view coming in on I-77. The skyline is very condensed unlike Miami or Atlanta.

Great to have you on board. :D

Name: Kevin J.

Hometown: Forest Park, OH (Northern suburb of Cincinnati)

High School: FPHS (Now Winton Woods HS)

Born: Dayton, OH (moved to Cincy when I was 5 or 6)

Hobbies: Photography, movies, internetting

Other Cities I've lived in: Dayton (five years), Cincinnati (17 years, give or take a year), Atlanta (4 years)

I've been here in Tally for the past 5

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee kevjohn :yahoo:

Hey Kevin! :D Nice to have you here buddy! We love great photos. Maybe you can help out with the picture of the day thread. Always looking for a fresh pix everyday. How far along are you in college? Which school are you at?

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee kevjohn :yahoo:

Hey Kevin! :D Nice to have you here buddy! We love great photos. Maybe you can help out with the picture of the day thread. Always looking for a fresh pix everyday. How far along are you in college? Which school are you at?

Thank ya. I am back at TCC trying to finish the degree I started a loooonnnng time ago, in a galaxy extremely nearby. I only have one semester's worth of work left, which I'm sure I'll manage to stretch into 2 or 3. After I get A.A.'d, I'm not entirely sure what my plans will be.

I may be able to contribute to the pic thread. But to be honest I'm kinda lazy. Haven't been out shooting in 2 months.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize I have been on this forum for a couple months now but have never properly introduced myself. My name is Stan and I have lived in Tallahassee all of my life. I am 16 but will be 17 in 5 days at this writing and will be a senior at Chiles in two days as of this writing :sick: I have taken an interest in urban planning and such only in the past year and discovered UP some time around early 2006 it seems. Cross Country, which is a sport where you run 5 kilometers (3.1 miles), consumes most of my free time and we are very good. We won state in 3A in 2003 and 2005 (I couldn't run in the state meet in 2005 due to a stress fracture and was only JV in 2003) and have a great chance of winning in 2006 so read the sports section. Other interests are this site, the TV show South Park (duh), and the Daily Show.

Just wanted to introduce myself....

Have lived in Tallahassee for the last 3 years after attending school at FSU. Right now I am a law enforcement officer and spend my free time on my boat fishing.

This site is great and so far I've learned a lot about the city that I had no idea about before!!!

Just wanted to introduce myself....

Have lived in Tallahassee for the last 3 years after attending school at FSU. Right now I am a law enforcement officer and spend my free time on my boat fishing.

This site is great and so far I've learned a lot about the city that I had no idea about before!!!

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee JonSch7 :yahoo:

Glad you joined us!

• 5 months later...

Just signing in to introduce myself... doesn't seem like much recent activity on the welcome page but now nobody can claim to be caught by surprise when I suddenly pop up. :)

Name: FLJerseyBoy

Hometown: Delanco, NJ (small town on Delaware River, about 10-15 miles north of Philly)

High School: Riverside HS

Born: Mt. Holly, NJ

Hobbies: Reading, writing, Web stuff, movies

Other Cities I've lived in: various places in South & Central Jersey (~40 years); metro Richmond VA (~2 years); Thomasville GA (~1 year); Tallahassee since late '93.

Welcome FJB! I really like it when folks properly introduce themselves as you did. You've been in Tally about 5 more years than I have. All of my in-laws are from or still live in Middlesex County, NJ (Edison, N. Brunswick, New Brunswick) and they are quite feisty Italians. They think if you live south of Mercer County (Trenton) that it's sort of a different state and that your accent sounds funny.....I can't really tell the difference for what it's worth.

Glad to have you on board and looking forward to your input!

Just signing in to introduce myself... doesn't seem like much recent activity on the welcome page but now nobody can claim to be caught by surprise when I suddenly pop up. :)

Name: FLJerseyBoy

Hometown: Delanco, NJ (small town on Delaware River, about 10-15 miles north of Philly)

High School: Riverside HS

Born: Mt. Holly, NJ

Hobbies: Reading, writing, Web stuff, movies

Other Cities I've lived in: various places in South & Central Jersey (~40 years); metro Richmond VA (~2 years); Thomasville GA (~1 year); Tallahassee since late '93.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee FLJerseyBoy! :yahoo:

I second that Welcome FLJerseyBoy! Glad you joined us!

I figured I should properly introduce myself as well. :blush:

Name: Nic

Hometown: Omaha, NE

High School: Wakulla High

Born: Rural Iowa

Hobbies: Reading, WoW, cooking

Other Cities I've Lived In: small town Iowa (10 yrs), slightly larger town Iowa (4 yrs), Omaha NE (2 yrs), Crawfordville FL (3 yrs), Tallahassee FL (since 2002)

I figured I should properly introduce myself as well. :blush:

Name: Nic

Hometown: Omaha, NE

High School: Wakulla High

Born: Rural Iowa

Hobbies: Reading, WoW, cooking

Other Cities I've Lived In: small town Iowa (10 yrs), slightly larger town Iowa (4 yrs), Omaha NE (2 yrs), Crawfordville FL (3 yrs), Tallahassee FL (since 2002)

Well welcome aboard Nic! Thanks for the formal introduction.

May I ask, what is WoW?

Welcome FJB! I really like it when folks properly introduce themselves as you did. You've been in Tally about 5 more years than I have. All of my in-laws are from or still live in Middlesex County, NJ (Edison, N. Brunswick, New Brunswick) and they are quite feisty Italians. They think if you live south of Mercer County (Trenton) that it's sort of a different state and that your accent sounds funny.....I can't really tell the difference for what it's worth.

Glad to have you on board and looking forward to your input!

Thanks for the welcome, poonther (and Taurean). Still trying to get a handle on the various levels of discussion, but glad to have found a Tally presence on UP.

poonther: I never lived in Middlesex County, but worked for AT&T in Piscataway for about 12 years. And oooh yeah, LOTS of "quite feisty Italians" there -- if they're your in-laws then I'm sure your shared holidays are spectacularly non-dull. :) As for a funny-sounding South Jersey accent... let's just say the only thing funny about it has more to do with living in N. Florida for this long than it does with where I grew up!

Dang TJ, you have to let the 30 something year old (that is you I think T-man) and the fourty year old (that's me) tell you what World of Warcraft is? And no I did not have to Google it and no I've never played it. Hang your head in shame kid. :P

FLJerseyBoy, we were in Edison for New Year's Eve. Three generations of fiesty-Italians and alcohol in the "balmy to them" 38 degree weather. And they say I talk funny......please Coffee has no W in it.

mracca the best nerd is one that knows he is and owns up to it.