Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

Dang TJ, you have to let the 30 something year old (that is you I think T-man) and the fourty year old (that's me) tell you what World of Warcraft is? And no I did not have to Google it and no I've never played it. Hang your head in shame kid. :P

FLJerseyBoy, we were in Edison for New Year's Eve. Three generations of fiesty-Italians and alcohol in the "balmy to them" 38 degree weather. And they say I talk funny......please Coffee has no W in it.

mracca the best nerd is one that knows he is and owns up to it.

LOL I'm such a geek. :rofl:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Vic

Age: 22 (ok so I'm really 21 but my birthday is next month)...

Hometown: Longwood (Orlando).

Born: Puerto Rico.

Other Cities I've lived in: I've lived in 11 cities...

Hey!

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee InsaneInTheBrain :yahoo:

Great to have you here!

• 1 month later...

Name: TheCarolinaKing

Hometown: Columbia, South Carolina (aka Da Metro)! :D

High School:W. J. Keenan H.S.

Born: Columbia, South Carolina (aka Da Metro)!

Hobbies: Music, Architecture, Cars, Science...

Other Cities I've lived in: Tallahassee for College (FAMU) :shades: , Charleston (Few Months of School)

I've been reading the Tallahassee forum for well over a year- stopped lurking and joined in January, and decided that I should properly introduce myself

Hometown: Grew up in Pensacola/Gulf Breeze, Florida

Tallahassee Connection: FSU grad- been here since 1998, and have no plans of leaving (especially in light of all of the great things that are going on)

The forum is wonderful, and I can't say enough about everyone that contributes (especially TaureanJ- great job, poonther and the other 'regulars'). Good ideas; bad ideas; agreements; disagreements; critiques; criticisms- I just think that all the dialogue on the forum is a great way to keep Tallahassee moving forward, and it's refreshing to know that there are so many others out there discussing these issues and developments, collectively pushing the movement ahead.

I've been reading the Tallahassee forum for well over a year- stopped lurking and joined in January, and decided that I should properly introduce myself

Hometown: Grew up in Pensacola/Gulf Breeze, Florida

Tallahassee Connection: FSU grad- been here since 1998, and have no plans of leaving (especially in light of all of the great things that are going on)

The forum is wonderful, and I can't say enough about everyone that contributes (especially TaureanJ- great job, poonther and the other 'regulars'). Good ideas; bad ideas; agreements; disagreements; critiques; criticisms- I just think that all the dialogue on the forum is a great way to keep Tallahassee moving forward, and it's refreshing to know that there are so many others out there discussing these issues and developments, collectively pushing the movement ahead.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee josefk :yahoo:

WOW! Thanks for the kind words. And I agree with you about this UP dialouge contributing to Tallahassee moving forward, which is why I remain dedicated to it! My former roomate was from Gulf Breeze, I hear that's a nice area. I see you're an attorney/adjunct professor... what subjects are you teaching?

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee josefk :yahoo:

WOW! Thanks for the kind words. And I agree with you about this UP dialouge contributing to Tallahassee moving forward, which is why I remain dedicated to it! My former roomate was from Gulf Breeze, I hear that's a nice area. I see you're an attorney/adjunct professor... what subjects are you teaching?

'Legal Issues in Housing' (COA 4935) at FSU- the focus is on property rights and ownership, basics of real estate transactions, land use regulation, access to housing and development.

Your roomate was correct; Gulf Breeze/Pensacola is a very nice area. Pensacola especially has some really great projects in the planning stages (http://www.propensacola.com/concept-pensacola.asp), and has seen a large amount of well-done urban infill over the past several years- Nothing compared to all the potential we have here in Tallahassee though :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hey whats up im new to the board this is my first post. I somehow came across the forum through google. I go to FSU, majoring in urban planning.

Name:Trevor Pickering

Born and raised: Vero Beach

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.|} Tallahassee Treavor! :yahoo:

Glad you decided to join us!

Might I ask, what was your Google search?

Name: Rachel

Hometown: Pocomoke City, MD. Arrived in Tallahassee via Aurora and Rochester, NY

I've been lurking for a few months, we've lived in Tallahassee almost two years and I still don't know the town that well. I've found this to be a great source of information. My husband is a Grad student at FSU and I'm often out of town for work so I find this a good way to keep up with things.

So, hello everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Who Am I...

Name: Dick

School: University of Louisville

Hometown: Louisville, KY

High School: Trinity

Born: Sunfish, Kentucky (quit giggling!)

Hobbies: Bicycling, woodworking, bass fishing, grandchildren

Other Cities I've lived in: Denver, CO and Knoxville, TN

I was doing a Google search on the Mission San Miguel development and ran across this group.

I got transferred to Tallahassee in 1990 to manage the Stein Mart store. We fell in love with the town and I changed jobs so we could stay here.

Bingo! This is a great site to learn about the up and coming developments. I wasn't making much progress on Warchant.

Well I'm glad we could assist!!

Thanks to both of you for introducing yourselves to the rest of us! We appreciate the opportunitiy to get to know as many of the new people as we can. :D

Hey Olebiker my first cousin is an MD, professor and researcher at the Medical School at UofL in the opthamology dept. Since he lived w/my parents before I was born, my folks are very close to him and we visit Louisville often. I think much like Tally it's a great town to live in, maybe not that exciting to visit, but the city does have some great neighborhoods like the one my cuz lives in: Cannon Lane at Lex Rd.

Sunfish, KY...is that eastern, central or western KY?

Welcome!

Hey Olebiker my first cousin is an MD, professor and researcher at the Medical School at UofL in the opthamology dept. Since he lived w/my parents before I was born, my folks are very close to him and we visit Louisville often. I think much like Tally it's a great town to live in, maybe not that exciting to visit, but the city does have some great neighborhoods like the one my cuz lives in: Cannon Lane at Lex Rd.

Sunfish, KY...is that eastern, central or western KY?

Welcome!

Sunfish, Kentucky is in the West Central part of the state around Mammoth Cave.

That area around Cannon's Lane and Lexington Road in Louisville is, indeed, a gorgeous part of the city of Louisville. Actually it is now Metro Louisville. They combined city and county governments a few years ago.

What about Harlan, KY? Is that a nice place?

I never spent much time in that part of the state. It is a coal mining area subject to repeated boom and bust cycles. When coal prices and demand are up, everyone has a new truck, bass boat, and double wide.

One of the towns just to the west of Harlan is Coldiron, KY. I worked many years ago with a young lady named Connie Coldiron who was from Coldiron. I asked her where it was and she replied, "T'other side of Booger Mountain from Harlan."

Sunfish, Kentucky is in the West Central part of the state around Mammoth Cave.

That area around Cannon's Lane and Lexington Road in Louisville is, indeed, a gorgeous part of the city of Louisville. Actually it is now Metro Louisville. They combined city and county governments a few years ago.

Ah Sunfish must be rather near Bowling Green? (home of the Corvette) I've spent some time in BG at the Corvette Museum on several occasions.