Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

I've been lurking for about a week and decided to join up. I recently graduated from FSU with a Bachlor's in Environmental Studies (not spelling :D ), so I have a vague idea of what's going on in the development area. I was born and raised in West Palm Beach Florida and stuck in Tallahassee for a few years until I decide where to go and what to do.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to UrbanPlanet DaiDreamer!!! We are very happy to have you here with us. Hopefully ou like to talk because we like to talk back!!

:yahoo:

So I have seen. This forum has a quick turn around with replies (which I like).

With most forums either I talk alot or lurk and comment every once in a while. We will have to wait and see with this one :)

DUDE!!! I work right across the street from you. Are you in the Capitol?

Actually, The office is in one of the white buildings sitting on gaines..... theirs 3 that look very similar... Mine is the collins building.... its 107 west gaines.... but.. sometimes i do the mailrun to the capital, and am across the street from u.

No punch lines.

But those updates and sweet pix are kinda lonely! I'm running on empty without a little more help around here. Urban Planet doesn't pay me! I come here for the same reason as everyone else!! I want someone to share something with me too!!

:grin:

hey, I chime in when I can. I think this board does great

I'm kinda late responding to this, but here goes:

I'm Jason. I'm 21, a student at FSU, originally from un-incorporated northern Dade County. I've been here since August 2002, and I graduate in December. I'm majoring in political science with a minor in Urban & Regional Planning, and I'm applying for grad school here in URP. I'm a big transportation person - love all aspects of it.

Other interests include buses, street signs, music, to name a few. I'm a devotee of TalTran since I do not own a car (I can drive, very much so). I live in the heart of "University-town" - off of Dewey & Virginia Street across from FSU. I live there, all my classes are in the Bellamy Building, I work at the Telecom building at FSU behind University Motel - I live, work and place all within 1/4 mile of each other. I guess I'm pretty lucky to be able to do that!

Look forward to meeting yall and talking with ya! :D

I'm kinda late responding to this, but here goes:

I'm Jason. I'm 21, a student at FSU, originally from un-incorporated northern Dade County. I've been here since August 2002, and I graduate in December. I'm majoring in political science with a minor in Urban & Regional Planning, and I'm applying for grad school here in URP. I'm a big transportation person - love all aspects of it.

Other interests include buses, street signs, music, to name a few. I'm a devotee of TalTran since I do not own a car (I can drive, very much so). I live in the heart of "University-town" - off of Dewey & Virginia Street across from FSU. I live there, all my classes are in the Bellamy Building, I work at the Telecom building at FSU behind University Motel - I live, work and place all within 1/4 mile of each other. I guess I'm pretty lucky to be able to do that!

Look forward to meeting yall and talking with ya! :D

Great Intro there buddy... I'm a real estate major but I'm seriously considering grad school for URP also. Like you I have a thing for roads, and signs, and sidewalks. Matter of fact, I always tell my girlfriend I don't care what neighborhood I live in when I get married as long as it has sidewalks. One of the things we look for when we ride around looking at houses is sidewalks.

Sounds like you live within walking distance of everything. And you're not missing much by not owning a car. I think one of my greatest frustrations is that most of us don't have the opportunity to live near campus in a (single apartment with our own bathrooms) where we can walk to various things, and not waist our educational resources by continuing to build parking garages. Think of all of the extra bells and whistles we could have if we didn't have to worry about so many motorist on campus. I think it would absolutely amazing to see the students start to come closer to the schools and not be as spread out into the residential areas of the SW and NW sides of this city. Growing up here I've seen it from both sides. On a grand scale, students and quality family neighborhoods don't mix (yes thats a generalization, its not true for all students I know).

It's great having you here with us Jason! Hopefully we'll do tons of talking about URP and how we can whip Tallahassee into shape to lighten the load for the next generation of planners.

as is customary

:yahoo:Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee JPL02 :yahoo:

Edited by TaureanJ

Well, I'm very late on this, but here it goes.

I'm Nathan, and I am currently living in Covington,LA, about 40 miles north of New Orleans. I was born in New Orleans, and grew up in the French Quarter.

I love music, and I'm a big fan of classic and modern rock, country, and some hip hop/rap. I grew up around Jazz music, so jazz is also one of my favorites.

Some other interests include; cars, urban planning and development, electronics, skysrapers, cities, traveling, sports, and the LSU Tigers. :D

Edited by NCB

Yo Nathan!

Its good to finally know your name. I knew we had a few things in common before you posted this... now we have even more. For example:

You love music... I love music

You grew up around jazz... I'm still growing up around jazz... actually all I listen to (smooth jazz, not that New Orleans stuff... lol!)

You like cars... I like cars (I have a Mazda MilleniaS BTW) love to talk about cars....

You like LSU... and I like FSU!

"Aint that somethin'!"

Its great having you around. I've really appreciated all of the good feedback you've given me on the pictures.

You grew up around jazz... I'm still growing up around jazz... actually all I listen to (smooth jazz, not that New Orleans stuff... lol!)

You dont like the New Orleans style of jazz!? :w00t:

LOL, I'm a big fan of smooth jazz as well, but the N.O. style of jazz reigns supreme for me!

You dont like the New Orleans style of jazz!? :w00t:

LOL, I'm a big fan of smooth jazz as well, but the N.O. style of jazz reigns supreme for me!

I like the N.O. Style Jazz...just didn't grow up listening to it. I like listening to it when I'm in Harry's eating. I love the songs with the fast Harmonica.

Let me guess why :P (you are from NO, no?)

I like country more, but jazz has always been one of my favorite genres.

Me being from New Orleans might have just a little bit to do with my liking for N.O. style jazz.. :shades:

I'm a pretty big fan of country music too, especially Montgomery Gentry, Toby Kieth, Tim Mcgraw, Tracy Lawrence, and many many others...