Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee

Florida

Hello Everyone! :) My name is Glenn & I'm new to Urban Planet. I'm 38 so I guess I'm considered old compared to most of you...huh? ;) I actually found Urban Planet via a link on the SouthWood Homeowners TownTalk Forum. Originally from Metro Atlanta & a graduate of Clayton State University, I've lived in Tallahassee for the last 12 years but just recently moved from the NE side of town to SouthWood. In my business, which is GPS/GIS hardware & software sales & consulting, I work with numerous land developers, environmental engineering firms & government entities & have always tried to stay abreast of all upcoming projects. The information found on U.P. beats anything I've ever found compiled before. I'm excited about seeing quality growth in Tallahassee because my wife & I plan to remain here. I will post if I ever have anything interesting to add but you guys, especially TJ, seem to always be at least 2 steps ahead of most people. Glad I found you!

Best Regards,

Glenn

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone! :) My name is Glenn & I'm new to Urban Planet. I'm 38 so I guess I'm considered old compared to most of you...huh? ;) I actually found Urban Planet via a link on the SouthWood Homeowners TownTalk Forum. Originally from Metro Atlanta & a graduate of Clayton State University, I've lived in Tallahassee for the last 12 years but just recently moved from the NE side of town to SouthWood. In my business, which is GPS/GIS hardware & software sales & consulting, I work with numerous land developers, environmental engineering firms & government entities & have always tried to stay abreast of all upcoming projects. The information found on U.P. beats anything I've ever found compiled before. I'm excited about seeing quality growth in Tallahassee because my wife & I plan to remain here. I will post if I ever have anything interesting to add but you guys, especially TJ, seem to always be at least 2 steps ahead of most people. Glad I found you!

Best Regards,

Glenn

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee Glenn! :yahoo:

I think its great to have someone with your type of back ground here on the boards now. Like you I moved here from Atlanta (17 years ago) and I plan to remain. Thanks for all of the kind words. We're very happy to have you!

Wow it's great to see all of these people in the Tallahassee forum. For

those who are just wondering what happened to me and why I don't

post like I use to, is because me and the rest of my family had so much hardship

going on for the last 3 months of 2005. Everything is getting better now and you

guys will see my posting like I use to really soon. I appreciate you guys keeping up convo

in the forum. All these projects that we got in the last year is just terrific, and I am very excited to

see to see how 2006 is going to turn out for Tally-Hoe.

P.S. I just got a digital camera this Christmas, so yea this forum is going to be banging with

great pics.

-Cityboy05

Prehaps I should have quote this:

UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee is growing!

97preludesh............... [ Tallahassee ]

A.H.Johnstone ............[ Tallahassee ]

blackcoffee&bourbon... [ Tallahassee ]

celebrated................. [ Tallahassee ]

cityboy05.................. [ Tallahassee ]

Coastie....... [Moving to Tallahassee ]

csmurphy8885 ........... [ Tallahassee ]

doofy10..................... [ Tallahassee ]

FSU-Law.................... [ Tallahassee ]

Glenn........................ [ Tallahassee ]

Go Gators.................. [ Tallahassee ]

jpl02......................... [ Tallahassee ]

laneyj34.................... [ Tallahassee ]

Monticello-1827.......... [ Tallahassee-Monticello ]

Mount Sutro............... [ Tallahassee ]

mstan2685................ [ Tallahassee ]

MyQueV.................... [ Tallahassee ]

noleswin.................... [ Tallahassee ]

poonther................... [ Tallahassee ]

psycuda.................... [ Tallahassee ]

P_McLane.................. [Tallahassee ]

Relient J.................... [ Tallahassee ]

rkelly05.................... [ Tallahassee ]

rocco........................ [ Tallahassee ]

scape_shifter............. [?]

scubasteve01101....... [ Tallahassee ]

seminole................... [ Tallahassee ]

slnash....................... [ Tallahassee/Wakulla ]

SouthwoodResident.... [Tallahassee ]

stjoe......................... [ Tallahassee-Southwood ]

Tallahassee.S............ [ Tallahassee ]

TallahasseeDowntown [Tallahassee ]

Tallaman.................. [ Tallahassee ]

TallyJboy.................. [ Tallahassee ]

tallysw..................... [ Tallahassee ]

TaureanJ................. [ Tallahassee ]

thetoolman............... [ Tallahassee-Southwood ]

thetoolman............... [ Southwood ]

unicorn39................. [ Tallahassee ]

From just 3 members, to almost 40! Let's keep up the momentum Tallahassee! :yahoo:

I was just messing with you. You can't catch us all :)

I MISSED YOU CITIBOY!!!! I am so excited yoiu got your digital camera.. i cant wait to see your work! I got a cheap one too, i havent even opened it. the shame.... the shame. Its small so i will take it biking in the woods, show you guys some real tallahassee. my bike juist got a 600 dollar overhaul. it is going to injure me as soon as me wheels come in! Look forward to some Lake lafeyette shots, DT, and hopefully, if my New Years resolution stands strong, some paintings of our tally-ho

My fav poem line of mine from 2006 so far... "oh tallahassee, once a speck but always a star"!

mug shot... lol... i am an artist who is a fan of using your imagination... but if you search you can find me on the forum.... hehe.

mracca sounds like you and i were destined to meet here... i am thinker with a fun mind full potential. i have an AA, and studied at fsu a bit, and hated it. Have any room for a 22 year old pot of soils?

TJ should be nominated for Tallahassee Forum President.

2006!

My fav poem line of mine from 2006 so far... "oh tallahassee, once a speck but always a star"!

I've missed you CMurphy! Where you been buddy! I miss our nights of heavy posting... Everynight I've been looking forward to them, but I haven't been seeing you around. You must have been on a vacation.

WOW your bike got a $600 makeover... my bike brand new costs about $225... thats with taxes and a lock. Yours must be fancy like Lance Armstrong's! :lol:

Anyhow... that line you write up there is great... it should be in your signature! It would look nice next to the Tallahassee Star.

yeah, i had to explain the star/ capital city reference to my friends, but i am sure u all got it...lol.

My bike is sick. look at your hand, from wrist to the tip of your birdie finger is the amount of compression on my front fork... and nearly four inches of travel in the back as I am a soft tail rider (wink to the ladies), finger shifters, bullet proof rims, fat 2.3 tires with urban tread! Disc brakes, new drivetrain and chain, and brake levers, and a new stem... wozer, i know i forgot something. time to get the smurph back into shape. so look for the irish hat at night... i am nice, but dont scare me ;)

TJ- suspension bike or road setup?

yeah, i had to explain the star/ capital city reference to my friends, but i am sure u all got it...lol.

My bike is sick. look at your hand, from wrist to the tip of your birdie finger is the amount of compression on my front fork... and nearly four inches of travel in the back as I am a soft tail rider (wink to the ladies), finger shifters, bullet proof rims, fat 2.3 tires with urban tread! Disc brakes, new drivetrain and chain, and brake levers, and a new stem... wozer, i know i forgot something. time to get the smurph back into shape. so look for the irish hat at night... i am nice, but dont scare me ;)

TJ- suspension bike or road setup?

LOL... mine has got the suspension front and rear. Its a Schwinn... and its been my exclusive mode of transportation for 3 days straight now. Your's obviously a very serious piece of equipment. Its good to see things have improved financially! :shades:

no no no... no financil improvements for me.... just the birth of jesus celebrated in the way that americans must view as soulfelt.... PRESENTS! My frame is a schwinn too. but it will be painted flat black to match my rims! HOT!

I was serious about that job request mracca!

LOL! You make me feel good about my bike! Its kinda sexy for a bike.

I'm new to the Tallahassee forum. I live in Grady County, GA but have close ties with Tallahassee. My sister recently moved there in December and works with the State Department of Education. My other sister still lives in Grady County but works at TMH. Several people from my high school Cairo High School attend TCC, FSU, or FAMU. Right now I'm in college in Atlanta, Georgia State University the complete opposite of FSU, :cry:. Everytime I come home I have to go to Tallahasse to give me some type of city feel. Everytime I visit I see more and more Thomas and Grady county tags exiting the city on Thomasville Road.

I hope you Floridians welcome your next door neighbor Grady County.

I'm new to the Tallahassee forum. I live in Grady County, GA but have close ties with Tallahassee. My sister recently moved there in December and works with the State Department of Education. My other sister still lives in Grady County but works at TMH. Several people from my high school Cairo High School attend TCC, FSU, or FAMU. Right now I'm in college in Atlanta, Georgia State University the complete opposite of FSU, :cry:. Everytime I come home I have to go to Tallahasse to give me some type of city feel. Everytime I visit I see more and more Thomas and Grady county tags exiting the city on Thomasville Road.

I hope you Floridians welcome your next door neighbor Grady County.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet-Tallahassee JMiller44! :yahoo:

Its great to have you on the board buddy!!

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

My name's Julian, I've been covering city goings-on for the Democrat since last August and sort of wandered onto your listserve (is that what this is called?) while I was reading up on student housing.

I know nothing about Internet postings and their rules of the road, so I thought I'd sign in and introduce myself. You all obviously have a lot of interesting things to say, and I want to make sure it's OK to contact you individually from time to time. Please let me know how all this works... Thanks

Here's a little about me:

Julian Pecquet

29, married, moved here in May '05 and just bought a house on Yancey Street near the Lake Ella plaza

I'm a native of France, been living in the US since 2001

I'm reachable at 599-2307, or [email protected]

Hey RJ! I'm sure TJ will come along soon w/an official welcome. I've read many of your stories. I always wondered w/your last name if you were French, French-Canadian or Haitian. Now we know. It's great to see someone from the Democrat post here. Ah Yancey Street, that's in Levy Park. I believe that's an up and coming neighborhood in Tally. It's very convenient to FSU, downtown, Lake Ella and the New Publix. Good choice in buying there.