Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

If only...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dilworth_Building_Queen_Street_Auckland.jpg

I was at my hair stylist and flipped through a magazine, title now forgotten, and there was a brief passage about visiting Charlotte and the Dilworth neighborhood and it was illustrated with this photo.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Looks like they going to loose the skyline view when new busing is finished.

I don’t think so. Some of the units maybe. But the pappas property sits lower and Lincoln is build on 2 levels of garage. So their 5th floor is really the 7th. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, youngt2 said:

Is there a site plan somewhere of this medical building/realtor/office/hotel area? I haven't seen much and on the development maps the links are all from 2014 I think.  I'm really having trouble picturing all this.

There isn't one filed with the city, that is public. I haven't been able to find, and generally I can find anything.

8 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Virtually the entire footprint of that building in the FEMA flood plain. 

image.png.0fd7a854fb98c7024ebcd2e04c6f2604.png

That was a big issue with the former CRRA building and something they supposedly mitigated with the design of the new complex, including raising the elevation of the entire site

• Like 2

My understanding is that the city did a lot of work where Sugar Creek passes under Woodlawn — and since completion flooding upstream in the midtown and Myers Park areas (FEMA flood plain around Sugar Creek) has not been as much of a concern. Guess they fixed a choke point.

Just what I heard...

Edited by Urban Cowboy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, CLT> said:

The residential will be Atrium Building #2 now, but the hotel is still planned for the corner. CRRA is the blue building on the left.

sp.thumb.jpg.15ddce910774dd647efaf9afdb7839dc.jpg

thank you for posting. I've been wanting to see this.

• 4 weeks later...