Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

File this under unsubstantiated:

Panera has abandoned its plans for the old Longhorn site. The building does not meet their requirements and the lease terms were too steep even for them. (this is from a business owner down the street, probably not the most objective source). Just wanted to perpetuate the rumor.....

• 3 weeks later...
The CBJ is reporting that the McEwen family want to sell or lease their 1.5 acre funeral home property on Morehead Street. Could this bring another highrise outside of the loop and serve as sort bring some more continuity between the Met and downtown (and Ghazi's project further up Morehead)? Edited by Raintree21

• 2 weeks later...

Filed under even small things make a difference: Some nice landscaping has been put in place fronting The Latta Pavillion block between Kenilworth and Scott. Amazing how little green touches can make a walk more pleasant and scenic. If only a well designed mixed used development could pop up across the street! Built much more street friendly than LP it could have a lot of cafe outdoor seating and public swing benches and an independent bookstore :wub: Oh I will stop now, just going by that empty Epicurean lot on a daily basis kills me and I get obsessed! Placing a great development there would make one of Charlotte's few workable walkable neighborhoods even better!

Final payments from Ghazi to the property owners of the Lafayette Jewlers site won't be until March of 2009 so that will be when the first major work will start there when the property officially changes hands. So we've got a little time on our hands unfortunately.

I am new to Urban Planet.org and I am really enjoying the Charlotte forums. I didn't know where to ask / post this but I was wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about a new development where the Bi Lo on Park Road is. I have heard some rumors that the Bi Lo will be torn down sometime within the next year and a condominium project will be built. Anyone able confirm this? Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

There is a small infill project in the works for the east side of Kenilworth at Ordermore (very near the power substation). It will be called Ordermore 8. It is pretty cool....a modern version of the arts & crafts bungalow style. I'm not sure who the architect is, but my guess is Anderson Pearson, who did the other infill on Park Rd across from Salem, and 420 Queens (the mod-ish place in Myers Park)

I think the website is http://www.ordermore8.com, but I can't pull it up on my computer. Can anyone? If so, please post a rendering if there is one.

There is a small infill project in the works for the east side of Kenilworth at Ordermore (very near the power substation). It will be called Ordermore 8. It is pretty cool....a modern version of the arts & crafts bungalow style. I'm not sure who the architect is, but my guess is Anderson Pearson, who did the other infill on Park Rd across from Salem, and 420 Queens (the mod-ish place in Myers Park)

I think the website is http://www.ordermore8.com, but I can't pull it up on my computer. Can anyone? If so, please post a rendering if there is one.

Site Plan:

post-1-1184851488_thumb.jpg

Scott Avenue Elevation:

post-1-1184851494_thumb.jpg

Ordermore Avenue Elevation:

post-1-1184851497_thumb.jpg

I've always wondered about all of those powerlines and the substation. They take away so much from the area when you look overhead and see huge power lines and hear the hum of the substation. For the prices people are paying in this area, I can't believe they haven't tried to do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a vague rumor posted on Idilworth.org. Someone heard that the part of the block that includeds E. Blvd Bar and Grill is going to be leveled for a new condo development? I have not heard anything about this. You?

I'd hate to see E. Blvd Grill leave. I love it there, and it's always busy. I guess that I could see condos going in though, seems like a very tight space. Hope they plan on taking a lot more than just E. Blvd grill then, and have plans for underground parking.

I am puzzled as well. I think there are vacancies in the Dilworth CoOp building next door to The Grill. Then there is that older apt house on the corner that could be converted or knocked down but there was recently apts for rent in there so I don't think this plan if it even exists extends that far down.

I am puzzled as well. I think there are vacancies in the Dilworth CoOp building next door to The Grill. Then there is that older apt house on the corner that could be converted or knocked down but there was recently apts for rent in there so I don't think this plan if it even exists extends that far down.

I thought there was some wax museum or something next door to E.Blvd Grill. Then not far down theres a chinese restraunt and something else. Oh and can't forget about the "large woman" shop. The parking is terrible in there, I don't know how they think they can get condos, but prove me wrong...

That is my favorite place to eat in town. That would be a real kick in the stomach i'll ask the owner of the bar and grille if he knows anything next time I'm there. I really can see it happening which is the bad part so if it does I got my fingers crossed they have ground retail so that they can be in there.