Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

hmm, but there was a land available sign there recently thats no longer up, right? a coworker of mine who lives in Dilworth said the neighborhood was buzzing about it, but i suppose they could be under the same mistaken impression that i was.

I was one of them too, LOL... I know this land is considered too valuable to not be some kind of residential or restaurant spot. Though, I think some kind of "artisitc" or recreational area would be a nice consolation.

I would be shocked if the Epicurean curse was ever lifted...who knows. Just hope that whatever goes in there someday is executed better than Latta Pavillion, which is such a mediocre soulless box IMHO. A development that truly embraces the sidewalk with a nice indie mix of retail and res would be awesome and a huge boost to that stretch of East. Maybe it would help to offset the eventual loss of Cantina,Brueggers/Caribou/East Boulevard Bar and Grill and more when CHS finally pulls the trigger.

I would be shocked if the Epicurean curse was ever lifted...who knows. Just hope that whatever goes in there someday is executed better than Latta Pavillion, which is such a mediocre soulless box IMHO. A development that truly embraces the sidewalk with a nice indie mix of retail and res would be awesome and a huge boost to that stretch of East. Maybe it would help to offset the eventual loss of Cantina,Brueggers/Caribou/East Boulevard Bar and Grill and more when CHS finally pulls the trigger.

Speaking of which... what's the time frame for East Blvd Grill moving into the former Quizno's/Super Supper spot? I would hope that Brueggers/Caribou will at least get another spot somewhere on East.

EBG's new spot next to 131 Main is moving along, not sure when they are supposed to be done. CHS's latest statements have described Bruggers/Caribou as a neighborhood amenity and there are no current plans to demo it anytime soon. Hope this remains the case, it's the most popular and largest hangout spot in the neighborhood. Last I heard Cantina is moving sometime next year, the manager has been looking to stay in the immediate area.

Luigis Pizza is going into the vacant spot at the end of the HT strip in KC. Used to be Italian Village Pizza which failed rather quickly good luck to them.

Noticed this week that the three quads across Park Rd from me in Dilworth all have units up for rent. If you want live in Dilworth cheap ( usually are 1 bdrs in the mid 6s) like old buildings and don't need frills, I would check them out. One listing has been on the market for ages....the apt in our place rented pretty fast but we have the best quad on the block of course :whistling:

Luigis Pizza is going into the vacant spot at the end of the HT strip in KC. Used to be Italian Village Pizza which failed rather quickly good luck to them.

Really? Another Pizza spot? That would be #3 in a row there. Mellow Mushroom closed down in that same spot before Italian Village was there. They closed at least a year before the other MM locations in Charlotte switched to Moon Dog's, so I would guess that it was because of store performance.

I noticed today that Picasso's is being painted a royal or cobalt blue. I like it! It will add some color to East Blvd.

It looks so much better than that dingy brown it was before. They have a new owner, the one uptown and this one are no longer tied together other than name. BEST part - the one in Dilworth is now smoke free!

Funny, I was going to mention Picasso's makeover too, but you all beat me to it. The new color is a great improvement. Makes the block much less drab. Never have ventured into Picasso's since it seemed so dark and dingy. And not a real fan of sportsbars in general, maybe I will try it now.

Funny, I was going to mention Picasso's makeover too, but you all beat me to it. The new color is a great improvement. Makes the block much less drab. Never have ventured into Picasso's since it seemed so dark and dingy. And not a real fan of sportsbars in general, maybe I will try it now.

Go and try the Pizza rolls. Best I've ever had...homemade

Now is this "Panther" blue? :) I'm hoping that Cantina finds a spot near by. I wonder if they've looked at the Metropolitan?

I thought Cantina was moving to the Epicentre (in the spot where Fox Sports Grill was going to be), but maybe they backed out. Here is an article from 2008 (go to the bottom):

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/index.php...iew&id=5551

Here is a more recent article that mentions staying in the Dilworth/South End area and possibly expanding into the Epicentre and Southpark:

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...06/daily10.html

Edited by nyxmike

Now is this "Panther" blue? :) I'm hoping that Cantina finds a spot near by. I wonder if they've looked at the Metropolitan?

Did anyone notice that it's actually two different shades of blue? The color on the East. Blvd side wraps around the Kenilworth side for 10 feet or so, and then it switches to a different Shade. Looks like someone ran out of paint and forgot the name of the color when they went back to the paint store. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it going to have any street retail?

Building is 35,000 sq. feet, 20,000 sq feet is leased, the additional space is 10,000 office, and 5,000 street level retail. These numbers are several months old, but the point is there is 5,000 sq feet of retail.

Edited by Guest