Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

That hotel looks like it could pass for a lower quality option of the halfway house on North Davidson. Awful. 

McCreesh? Come on, none of us love the aesthetics of the building but hyperbolic comparisons to buildings that literally share no architectural similarity aren't helping anything. Similarities/differences aside, it is FAR from the worst looking building proposed even right now, its just disappointingly generic for what could have been a cool boutique hotel. 

Let's replace a mexican place with a mexican place!!!! Gotta love that logic (sarcasm). http://charlotterestauranttraffic.com/news/bakersfield-otr-coming-east-blvd/#.Uywsm61dUx0

Anyways, this place is actually pretty good, one of the only good things about Cincinnati.

I rolled my eyes too, can we get anything other than Mexican/TexMex on East Blvd? But hey, this could be the one to work the best so far in this space. I really believe we need a place that is a bar first and restaurant second there to thrive, and something with a unique focus at that. 

• Like 1

Let's replace a mexican place with a mexican place!!!! Gotta love that logic (sarcasm). http://charlotterestauranttraffic.com/news/bakersfield-otr-coming-east-blvd/#.Uywsm61dUx0

Anyways, this place is actually pretty good, one of the only good things about Cincinnati.

I would have preferred a Skyline Chili or Grater's ice cream but an insider from the other "Queen city" says they have no interest in expanding here...  :console:

• Like 1

as mentioned in the comments section, the fact that there is no parking and that the neighbors will tow if you park in their lot presents a big challenge to anyone looking to operate in this space.

^ The best thing about the new projects is the much better sidewalk treatment at the intersection, which is beyond horrible along Kenilworth.  I wonder if they are widening Kenilworth between Morehead and Harding as part of this development to accomodate bike lanes?

• 2 weeks later...

The third Morehead St project is close to breaking ground.  The developer of Solis Dilworth just received their building permits and recently closed on the purcase of the land at the SW corner of Kenilworth and Morehead.  This is the site where the Walgreens was originally proposed and denied during rezoning.

The will be demolishing the ~1920s apartment building a the corner, plus I believe 3 other former single family homes along Kenilworth and Morehead.  This is the craftsman bungalowish looking project that had a rendering posted on here several months ago.

RES52.jpg

• Like 3

The will be demolishing the ~1920s apartment building a the corner, plus I believe 3 other former single family homes along Kenilworth and Morehead.  

Do you know which 3 homes?  There are some really beautiful homes right next to the apartment building.

The white wood house adjacent to it along Morehead, and the two houses (maybe a tudor and something else) adjacent along Kenilworth.

In other news, Marsh Properties is asking for an amendment to their rezoning to allow for an adjacent lot to be included in their apartment project at Euclid and Lexington.  This would be the next property west along Lexington.

That hotel looks like it could pass for a lower quality option of the halfway house on North Davidson. Awful. 

heard from a DCDA member that the board was prepared to send the hotel back to zoning for redesign. However, no one filed a protest petition against the project so the DCDA never brought it to vote.

FWIW

Edited by kermit

I'm not the best person to judge this since I don't like chicken salad generally, but is this really a good idea for an East Blvd restaurant? Even people I've shown this who do like chicken salad are a little bit grossed out by a menu with nothing but that. http://themayobird.com/menu/

Anything with Duke's mayonnaise is good.  

• Like 1