Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 6:55 PM, KJHburg said:

my friend heard this rumor about the Starbucks at East Blvd and Scott. He said he heard the Starbucks and the Key Man offices next door and another retail property might be demolished to build a 6 story medical office building.   Anyone else hear this or is this real coffee shop talk?? Building by Atrium of course. 

According to GIS, the key main building has been purchased as well as the building that houses Theory Design Studio. GIS shows the owners as SHG East BLVD. The address associated with the new owners belongs to Summit HealthCare group, which is a dev firm out of winston salem that specializes on medical office projects. The first picture on their website is of a Wake Forrest Baptist building. I wonder if this is going to be the WF presence in charlotte. https://summithg.com/

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Summit filed a commercial land-use for this corner today for a medical office building.  Hopefully this related to the medical school.

The part that I have a question about is that Starbucks is the last hold out. Will Starbucks be the next Thirsty Beaver? If I were the guy that owned that Starbucks parcel, it would be Show Me the Money! The alternative would be to negotiate to be part of the new building. Another positive here is that the aggressive booting company can now go away; hopefully, forever.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I really enjoy that Starbucks and don’t want to see it go. 

this is just speculation on my part but I could see that Starbucks coming back even if a medical office building is built there as a ground floor retail tenant.  My friend is a regular there I will have him snoop around. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, captainjack said:

I view that comment from the Starbucks building owner as  You have not met my price yet so I am not selling  if the parking lot his tenant uses is gone shortly there won't be a tenant for his space is my guess.   and notice he says He has no plans to redevelop it but the developer out of Winston surely might. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, Victor28204 said:

The part that I have a question about is that Starbucks is the last hold out. Will Starbucks be the next Thirsty Beaver? If I were the guy that owned that Starbucks parcel, it would be Show Me the Money! The alternative would be to negotiate to be part of the new building. Another positive here is that the aggressive booting company can now go away; hopefully, forever.

You know, in retrospect the Thirsty Beaver probably does more to sell that apartment complex than any "amenity" they could have pursued.  Starbucks is pretty solid draw too. If I were building a building, I would probably rather have a definite starbuck and a little less sf than I would a maybe starbucks and more sf.  The draw for East Blvd is getting weaker and weaker with all the competition out there.  I think they need the Starbucks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, archiham04 said:

You know, in retrospect the Thirsty Beaver probably does more to sell that apartment complex than any "amenity" they could have pursued.  Starbucks is pretty solid draw too. If I were building a building, I would probably rather have a definite starbuck and a little less sf than I would a maybe starbucks and more sf.  The draw for East Blvd is getting weaker and weaker with all the competition out there.  I think they need the Starbucks.

I completely agree that a Starbucks that close should, and most likely will be, treated as an asset. I believe the straight forward approach from Katie Peralta to the Starbucks owner of "Hey do you know about this " was posed in a manner that he had to refute. He cant be the source of more information that has not already been made public. I agree with KJHBurg that they probably negotiated as being a first floor tenant. Although I cant find any proof of that, it's purely my speculation as I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I would venture to guess this was negotiated a long time ago before the Key Man and Theory parcels were revealed to now belong to a medical office developer. If someone knows the hospital is interested in buying something, the price most likely doubles. Could you imagine going to that Starbucks with roughly 10 spaces to park? I would park at harris teeter and ride a scooter over to get coffee.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Victor28204 said:

I completely agree that a Starbucks that close should, and most likely will be, treated as an asset. I believe the straight forward approach from Katie Peralta to the Starbucks owner of "Hey do you know about this " was posed in a manner that he had to refute. He cant be the source of more information that has not already been made public. I agree with KJHBurg that they probably negotiated as being a first floor tenant. Although I cant find any proof of that, it's purely my speculation as I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I would venture to guess this was negotiated a long time ago before the Key Man and Theory parcels were revealed to now belong to a medical office developer. If someone knows the hospital is interested in buying something, the price most likely doubles. Could you imagine going to that Starbucks with roughly 10 spaces to park? I would park at harris teeter and ride a scooter over to get coffee.

You couldn't manage to walk from HT? Its less than 2 blocks... :tw_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, t_money said:

You couldn't manage to walk from HT? Its less than 2 blocks... :tw_lol:

Absolutely. I wouldn't want to walk that far if I am trying to get coffee. It's been in the 90s for as long as I can remember. I don't want to sweat in a suit on my way to work. :tw_mrgreen:

Edited by Victor28204
typo

• 4 weeks later...

Art's BBQ will close after 43 years according to Charlotte Observer - “We will raze the existing buildings and will beautify the space as we think about the best use for the properties,” (Existing buildings include Art's BBQ and the H&R Block Building next door). 

Edited by Cpink
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

20 hours ago, Cpink said:

Art's BBQ will close after 43 years according to Charlotte Observer - “We will raze the existing buildings and will beautify the space as we think about the best use for the properties,” (Existing buildings include Art's BBQ and the H&R Block Building next door). 

This will be one of those things that people get all upset about and then when you ask when the last time they’ve been there, it’s been a decade. 

• Like 2