Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14327605.htm

Dilworth Walk is almost sold out. Hopefully this will be a sign of things to come along Kenilworth. As I wrote above, I really want Kenilworth and Scott to be dense 4-6 story buildings from Romany to Park and then up Park Road to Ideal.

If those areas are dense, and South End is dense, it'll really create a good boundary of density to support transit, retail, and and community services, while the historic bungalows continue to thrive from renovation and restoration.

When is the parcel at the corner of Scott and East going to see some action? That "Epicurean Shops" sign has been there for a while now.

Hahaha....that should be the sub-title of this thread. Sadly, the answer remains....about the same time that we get MLB to this city.

There's updates on that Epicurean site throughout this thread, but the short answer is nothing will likely happen for many many years.

But the sign onsite does kindly invite you to order Epicurean biscuits...maybe they are offsetting their tax bill with biscuit sales...hence the lack of initiative to do anything! Does anyone really order food from a restaurant that was torn down 5 or 6 years ago?

I was walking home tonight down East and saw that the lot where the gutted apts were has been completely cleared. Has anyone heard rumors of what may replace it? I am guessing condos . Its a pretty valuable spot. I attended this month's DCDA meeting and no one had heard any plans as of yet.

I was walking home tonight down East and saw that the lot where the gutted apts were has been completely cleared. Has anyone heard rumors of what may replace it? I am guessing condos . Its a pretty valuable spot. I attended this month's DCDA meeting and no one had heard any plans as of yet.

I am sure the owner will try to build whatever the Insurance money will buy. I have to believe the owners might be tempted to build bigger and better possibly with another infusion of capital of their own to match any Insurance proceeds.

At least that is what I would do, if I owned it. :)

A2

I am sure the owner will try to build whatever the Insurance money will buy. I have to believe the owners might be tempted to build bigger and better possibly with another infusion of capital of their own to match any Insurance proceeds.

At least that is what I would do, if I owned it. :)

A2

I haven't seen or heard any word of what will go there. It is in the Historic District so they will have to gain approval for anything they decide. Those of us in Dilworth would get notice of the hearing and I have not gotten that yet but wait eagerly to see...

I haven't seen or heard any word of what will go there. It is in the Historic District so they will have to gain approval for anything they decide. Those of us in Dilworth would get notice of the hearing and I have not gotten that yet but wait eagerly to see...

Keep us posted C_n when you hear something. I would be VERY interested in what finally gets done with that property.

A2

Edited by A2

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the sign go up for "The Tremont" condo building on Tremont and Cleveland only a few blocks down from South before Tyber Creek Pub. The buildings being taken out are old and dilapidated and the rendering looks nice. Lets hope future residents take advantage of light rail's proximity because Tremont near South is getting very dense already. The other townhouse project at Euclid and Tremont that was held up for months because of $$$ issues is nearing completion. Its also a nice development and the parking has been located behind the building.

I saw the sign go up for "The Tremont" condo building on Tremont and Cleveland only a few blocks down from South before Tyber Creek Pub. The buildings being taken out are old and dilapidated and the rendering looks nice. Lets hope future residents take advantage of light rail's proximity because Tremont near South is getting very dense already. The other townhouse project at Euclid and Tremont that was held up for months because of $$$ issues is nearing completion. Its also a nice development and the parking has been located behind the building.

I like a few facts about The Tremont: underground parking, cedar shake exterior -- it blends well with the surroundings and FINALLY a new project that doesn't look like everything else being announced. Some of these units are larger also, up to 1700 or 1800 SF, so there is room for a family also, not just small lofts.

Did you guys see that only 4 units are left unreserved? That is pretty good.

Stupid of them to release that info. Now they've gone and scared off all potential buyers by making them think they've missed all the good deals.

[/vue sales team]

Stupid of them to release that info. Now they've gone and scared off all potential buyers by making them think they've missed all the good deals.

[/vue sales team]

If there are only four left, I'm not sure it would matter. With a year to build (guessing) I think 4 more folks would probably sign on. In the least it doesn't seem like a very big hurdle to finish crossing. I suspect the nearby light rail/trolley hub is a big factor. Along with the fact that Dilworth and SouthEnd are quite established as great places to live (so I am biased a live in Dilworth!). Overall it just seems encouraging that a project would sell so well so quickly though Dilworth Walk seems to as well.

Does it really work that way? Usually when there are only a few left, I think people feel like they must move fast to get the last of the good deals (pre-construction prices) in an otherwise popular building. I'm not in real estate, though, so I have no idea. That is my own perception, though.

For fudge's sake, I was just making a crack at the Vue and their dubious excuse for not releasing sales stats.

UrbanPlanet.org: Serious Business.

Sorry!! :sick: Didn't pick up on the sarcasm! I do agree and have always wondered why some projects keep secrets about sales -- and from watching them do it, it doesn't seem to help, or would they sell ever slower if everyone "knew"?

The Tremont looks nice. I live nearby in an old apt house with ramshackle charm and soul I like to think :D It went up for sale this week and I sure can't afford to buy my apt :cry: I know the real estate market is all about money and these are all great projects but its no fun if you can't afford them. It would be nice to have a diversity of incomes in Dilworth because it makes the neighborhood interesting but thats wishful thinking. Dilworth is well on its way to whitebread sterile yuppie heaven and PlazaMidwoodElizabethMorningsideCommonwealthChantilly are all heading in the same direction :cry: