Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

2 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Yes, Jim Gross (of Pink Tower fame) has planned a 4 building residential complex.  Two 8-story buildings fronting East and two 4-5 story buildings facing Lombardy with underground parking deck...at least that was original plan.  I think a small amount of retail planned for the East Blvd buildings.

That actually sounds really fantastic. I hope it comes to be. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

Surely I can’t be the first to post this, but maybe...  Article and rendering of the WF/Atrium Med School.   A lovely and almost ethereal looking building.  It appears to be constructed of capiz and a single layer of phyllo dough.  So warm and flaky...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article249133135.html

Nice render of the new bed tower there too. Anyone know when that is starting? 

2 hours ago, turbocraig said:

Surely I can’t be the first to post this, but maybe...  Article and rendering of the WF/Atrium Med School.   A lovely and almost ethereal looking building.  It appears to be constructed of capiz and a single layer of phyllo dough.  So warm and flaky...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article249133135.html

Talks about telehealth and remote-learning.

Posts rendering of giant education building.

:dunno:

On 2/10/2021 at 9:05 AM, Blue_Devil said:

Nice render of the new bed tower there too. Anyone know when that is starting? 

I'm not sure I'm savvy enough to know which building in the render is "the new bed tower".  From the rendering I've seen it resembles the building on the right?  Therefore, this building would be back on the campus away from Kings Dr and closer to Garden Terrace / Fountain View.  This would also account for the elevation change seen in the rendering.

Ultimately, I'm posting because I'm curious where the Medical School is going to be located.  (Which sounds like will be announced in a month.)  I've always assumed it would be Fountain View/Garden Terrace, however when the previous rendering/article was released posts were made about a potential different location.  On Greenwood Cliff adjacent to the new "Medical Office Building" and Pearl St. Park.

I'm confused about the location of this rendering... the other building makes me thing adjacent to the main campus (Fountain View/Garden Terrace).  The water features and such make me think it could be intended for Greenwood Cliff / Pearl St Park.  

Maybe a rendering was done for each of the potential locations?  (Older rendering == Greenwood Cliff;  Newer rendering == Fountain View/Garden Terrace/Main Campus)

I'd like to see Fountain View/Garden Terrace so some of the activity spills over to East Blvd and energizes the neighborhood.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:54 AM, turbocraig said:

So warm and flaky...

Shake N' Bake

Edited by ricky_bobby_fan_26
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, most of the property between Baxter and Morehead becomes "Innovation District" development.  They claimed the had Fortune 100 companies interested in anchoring office/research space there.

The land ownership entity is Lookout NC if you want to see the parcels included in the overall development.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArtieP said:

Observer article says 20 acres, but the renderings show the two buildings on a smaller plot. Must be the first phase.
619ecc9a246617699f0b9dd0d104141d.jpg
a74eff003fa39d9108b2097b23552287.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gezzz, think about what kind of lab/office/edu development opportunities there would be adjacent to the school if 277 got removed there. Also how that would kickstart 2nd Ward redevelopment. (And how the med school could have had its own transit stop if the Silver line was routed appropriately)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kermit said:

Gezzz, think about what kind of lab/office/edu development opportunities there would be adjacent to the school if 277 got removed there. Also how that would kickstart 2nd Ward redevelopment. (And how the med school could have had its own transit stop if the Silver line was routed appropriately)

277 or not, it is going to kick start a lot of development right there, and fast. Apartments, lab space, research medical contactors/device companies/ etc, food, separate office space, probably a nursing school, pt/ot school, PA school, etc as it further grows, back office space, possibly other wake forest graduate programs.... This is a giant giant catalyst for second ward, Dilworth, and midtown.  

• Like 3