Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Old McEwen funeral home being torn down on E Morehead at Royal Court. 

here is what is planned for this corner senior apartments

The Village on Morehead - Bridgewood Property Company

One of 3 apartment towers to rise on E Morehead.   (both my grandparents had their funeral here) ( since I went down memory lane my grandfather worked at the Wastewater treatment plant for Charlotte and lived a modest live and saved a lot.  On the way to my college graduation in Greenville his car broke down in Asheboro.  He bought another one on the spot  with cash and that always stuck with me. )  He made it to the graduation on time too! 

side window shot. 

IMG_7901.JPG

Could count "4" considering Radius Dilworth will include 2 buildings - not sure the second bldg or Radium Dilworth will be towering, but likely to be at least mid-rise

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RANYC said:

Could count "4" considering Radius Dilworth will include 2 buildings - not sure the second bldg or Radium Dilworth will be towering, but likely to be at least mid-rise

There are rumors of another 12 story on the Ocean Advisor. and then at least one 300 foot building and a few 200 foot buildings for the Wake/Atrium Med School. 

Looking at Google Maps, I would not be surprised if the Woodie Enterprises lot is redeveloped ASAP as well (no idea what this lot actually is named, looking at Google Maps.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The article mentions Woody Fox as later owner and savior of the Mays house. Woody Fox grew up on Morehead Street himself. His family home was an imposing place across from Covenant Presbyterian Church activity building where an office building exists now. He turned his family home into a fine dining establishment, The Lamplighter, which attracted the special event traffic from far and wide. Cigar nights were also popular. Many among us may recall a special dinner at The Lamplighter. It passed, sadly along with the neo-classical Charlotte Women's Club building which was it neighbor.

http://landmarkscommission.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/CharlotteWomansClub001.jpg

https://millicanpictorialhistorymuseum.com/product/the-lamp-lighter-restaurant-1065-east-morehead-street-charlotte-nc/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

What project is this?

Jim Gross (of Pink Building fame)  and Brian Phillips mixed use project:

A filing with the city for the site says four buildings are being considered for the property, including three condo buildings between three and eight stories tall as well as a five-story office building with retail and restaurant space on the ground level. A ground-level courtyard plaza is planned over four levels of underground parking, which will have an entry off Lombardy.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/01/29/mixed-use-project-appears-headed-to-prime-dilworth.html

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Business NC just tweeted this 

Charlotte developers Jim Gross and Brian Phillips plan a 334-unit apartment building in Dilworth at Lombardy Circle near Freedom Park. Will include 437-space underground parking. NYC-based S3Capital Parnters made $80M construction loan to Phillips' company. Completion mid-2023.

Follow up article on this announcement!

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/08/s3-capital-partners-1701-east-boulevard-charlotte-apartments/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

its probably nothing but....

There was some unusual environmental work happening in the Tyber Creek old parking lot / new patio space. There were two techs drilling small holes (hand tools only, no machinery) and talking liquid (?) samples. I have not seen this sort of environmental testing before. Their truck was from Heart Hickman.

• Like 3

Just now, kermit said:

There was some unusual environmental work happening in the Tyber Creek old parking lot / new patio space. There were two techs drilling small holes (hand tools only, no machinery) and talking liquid (?) samples. I have not seen this sort of environmental testing before. Their truck was from Heart Hickman.

Hart Hickman is an environmental engineer probably doing soil testing for a possible sale or redevelopment.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kermit said:

Heart Hickman is definitely a soil sampling company, A pretty big one at that. I would be pretty sad to see Tyber Creek go... But I know the area is about to really pick up there. The new hotel is set to break ground soon, and there is a rumor around Dilworth about the H&H lot selling.