Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

35 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Charlotte has so much going on that I had forgotten about this.  The progress is impressive.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f82a582819d6a599c5b0ea69ecd01c5.jpeg

I don't believe the apartment building in this rendering (called the Radius Dilworth) has broken ground.  The construction you're seeing is for a senior living development that's not quite half the height of the Radius.

Edited by RANYC
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Corner of Euclid and Morehead.    I am getting all these towers mixed up the 2 cranes are at the age restricted apartments former home of McEwen funeral home  and the vacant lot not yet started is the Radius Dilworth tower by Spandrel correct?     We need more signage on these site saying future site of the ______________ LOL 

IMG_5895.JPG

IMG_5896.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

yes, correct

yes, correct

Actually, one is for the age restricted apartments, which are about 12 stories, and one is for the new Hanover Co. apartment complex, which will be 14-16 stories.

They are right next to each other, with the age restricted apartments being the site closer to the new med school. Then on the other side of Euclid is the 26 story project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Thanks and I was wondering why that senior apartment tower had 2 cranes just 2 side by side projects.   The Radius Dilworth project the taller one is a good design.  

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Actually, one is for the age restricted apartments, which are about 12 stories, and one is for the new Hanover Co. apartment complex, which will be 14-16 stories.

They are right next to each other, with the age restricted apartments being the site closer to the new med school. Then on the other side of Euclid is the 26 story project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the Hanover construction (701 E Morehead) started [https://twitter.com/CLTdevelopment/status/1272597661691109379/photo/1]?  Bridgewood's ground-breaking (12-story senior-living tower at Morehead and Royal Court) was reported on in August by the Bizjournal, but haven't seen a similar announcement for the Hanover apartments.  I know the Hanover design took some heat in early 2020, but haven't seen any updated renderings.

Edited by RANYC

17 minutes ago, RANYC said:

Has the Hanover construction (701 E Morehead) started [https://twitter.com/CLTdevelopment/status/1272597661691109379/photo/1]?  Bridgewood's ground-breaking (12-story senior-living tower at Morehead and Royal Court) was reported on in August by the Bizjournal, but haven't seen a similar announcement for the Hanover apartments.  I know the Hanover design took some heat in early 2020, but haven't seen any updated renderings.

I think it has started and the design is okay.  Heat on UP site is different than others not liking it.  This site is very critical of just about everything LOL. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, buildleft said:

I believe that the site to the northwest is the Hanover apartment project, and that the senior apartments are on the site to the southeast. Both have broken ground as shown by this imagery taken in September. The empty lot on the upper left side of the picture is the Radius Dilworth project. Can't wait for the med school to start construction to watch the immense change immediately to the south of this area. And as you can see there are a lot of parking lots that can still be redeveloped!

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 1.07.51 PM.png

These aerial shots are so illuminating.  Really shows you how much more can be developed, and how we must figure out a way to more optimally use land and treat it as a more scarce resource than in the past.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Phillydog said:

Exciting, awesome projects Charlotte!  Over in the Triangle, residents would be killing these projects whining about gentrification and change.

It happens everywhere (including Charlotte).  Can't even connect a greenway to a neighborhood because uppity residents don't want less-affluent people nearby.  Widespread resistance and fear-mongering for projects in the Cherry and Elizabeth areas.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nicholas said:

It happens everywhere (including Charlotte).  Can't even connect a greenway to a neighborhood because uppity residents don't want less-affluent people nearby.  Widespread resistance and fear-mongering for projects in the Cherry and Elizabeth areas.

True, but it's an art-form in the Triangle. 

Back on topic, this may be the classiest high-rise residential building to date I've seen in Charlotte?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nicholas said:

I'll say it again despite being well outnumbered but, Cherry and Elizabeth residents had good reason and every right to object to development projects they don't want or that they feel will irreparably harm their neighborhood.  I'm with you 100% on the greenway BS though...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

That argument held weight 10 years ago. Not when houses in Cherry and Elizabeth are going for 800 - 1.5 Mil

That's the literal definition of gentrification.  Ask the residents of lesser means who want to stay if they agree with you.  They either are paying significantly higher rents or property taxes and many are forced to move as a result. 

Besides, why does the value of your house have anything to do with what neighbors want in their neighborhood?

11 minutes ago, JBS said:

That's the literal definition of gentrification.  Ask the residents of lesser means who want to stay if they agree with you.  They either are paying significantly higher rents or property taxes and many are forced to move as a result. 

Besides, why does the value of your house have anything to do with what neighbors want in their neighborhood?

I've said this before, that NC should adopt something similar to Proposition 13 in California, under which taxes are based on the original purchase price of the house (no property reassessments).  That would take care of the problem of long-term residents having their taxes go up as property values go up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

No. Please no.

Why not?  I love that I don't have to worry about my tax bill going up every year.  My property value has soared but I'm paying basically the same property tax I paid when I bought the house in 2010.  Retired people can't deal with their tax bill soaring.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1