Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

1 hour ago, AP3 said:

Is the new proton therapy facility only one story or does it step down the slope into a 2 - 3 story building? Anybody have renderings of how it will look from Kenilworth and Morehead? 

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

the city is going to need to improved Euclid from Lexington to Myrtle, cause it's already enough of a cluster to make a lot of drivers want to take Myrtle instead.

The city has made a mess of Euclid end-to-end over the past three years. They should have held the revisioning, resurfacing and reconfiguration from Morehead to Magnolia until after all the underground work was complete. Also, back 3-ish years ago a group (not sure it was CDOT) put down sharrows on the street, they were milled up less than a year later when they resurfaced Euclid and not replaced when they remarked the road. Also, CDOT doesn't enforce their own guidance when contractors cut or otherwise damage the streets when the do work.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, KJHburg said:

The Radius Dilworth tower by Spandrel is officially under construction as my drive by photos show.   Make that 3 high rise residential towers underway in just 2 blocks how is that for density? 

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

KJ What are your impressions on the Senior living site. Is work actually being done. I was around there about 2 weeks ago, and it seemed like there were active workers on the site, but its not rising.

I've said this here before and I'll say it again, I am very happy about the Overlook tower portion. It is my favorite current project in Charlotte (and I love Intercontinental and a couple of the South End towers as well). I am stoked about seeing it built. Please KJ, Spiritof76, GMan, the other gentleman with a drone......take alot of pictures for us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

KJ or anyone else, do you all know what happened to Saucy Brew Works? They were supposed to break ground in January but, nothing. 

Good question.  I completely forgot about this project.  This story published last month from cleveland.com says they're still seeking financing.  The Charlotte related bits: 

Saucy has preliminary approval from the city and is working on financing for a brewpub located in Charlotte’s Dilworth neighborhood and across from a popular YMCA. The project is slated to include converting an old building into a boutique hotel/Airbnb, he said.

“Financing is tricky,” Zimmerman said. “Some banks don’t want to do hotels, some banks don’t want to do brewery, retail, whatever.”

He said they “hope to break ground in the not-too-distant future.”

Edited by abttown
Include link
  • Like 2

It’s probably for the road work staging, as I think leather and lace would be included in any Mr Ks project and the nursery

But the fencing? Why would they need fencing for that roadwork? Unless they have been using them on other roadwork then I guess you would be right.

1 hour ago, JeanClt said:

But the fencing? Why would they need fencing for that roadwork? Unless they have been using them on other roadwork then I guess you would be right.

They were doing some work on the side streets so maybe that. But you are not wrong. I think there is a tower projected here, and they are not doing the pizza place anymore.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Spandrel (the developer of 615 East Morehead highrise that just broke ground) is planning a small office building directly across Morehead at the cleared lot (618 E Morehead).

618eMorehead.png

Do you know who the Architect for this project is? That is one unfortunate looking rendering

• Haha 1