Dilworth Projects (Kenilworth, Morehead, East)

Southend

• 2 weeks later...
Today 2:10 p.m.

a2.thumb.jpg.0fae7e94ef8e9320fe9d450875f10a88.jpg

a3.thumb.jpg.aebcb390e4d28f12f1785253449ebd16.jpg

When is Radius Dilworth going vertical?

From the most recent pictures it seems their doing foundation work on the tower judging by the drill rig and the rebar cages. They’ll drop those bad boys in and fill it up with concrete. So as soon as that’s done it should start to rise out of the ground. They have been working on it for while now so perhaps in a few weeks really depends on a lot factors and a lot of boxes that need to be checked.
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, JeanClt said:

From the most recent pictures it seems their doing foundation work on the tower judging by the drill rig and the rebar cages. They’ll drop those bad boys in and fill it up with concrete. So as soon as that’s done it should start to rise out of the ground. They have been working on it for while now so perhaps in a few weeks really depends on a lot factors and a lot of boxes that need to be checked.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see this rise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

More from the Morehead corridor.   Noticed a couple of vacant buildings.  501 Morehead the old Simmonini office and the older house that was slated for something I can't remember now.  However I hope that house can be saved or the very least moved elsewhere.   Other views from the street.  is Morehead tavern still open I could not tell. 

IMG_8082.JPG

IMG_8083.JPG

IMG_8084.JPG

IMG_8085.JPG

IMG_8120.JPG

IMG_8122.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8138.JPG

Saucy Brew works was going to open here, and they were going to turn the old house into an a8 room BnB.

the brewery was going to have more space than OMB

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

is Morehead tavern still open I could not tell. 

IMG_8138.JPG

This parcel/building have been for sale for a while. Whiteside was marketing it initially, but now CBRE is widely marketing it as a high-density development site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This home:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/400-E-Kingston-Ave_Charlotte_NC_28203_M92246-12123

perhaps my favorite in Dilworth, is on the Home Tour this year.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f45aea62da7f58-2022

One may volunteer as a tour host for a shift if one wishes to have the inside view or buy a ticket to all homes. This home has been discussed on UP more than once, most recently when it sold last year. The history of the home, the history of the owners and the location and style of the home are all highly unusual and worth a visit, imo.

• Like 2

These Morehead projects are looking great. Do we have a timeline for Radius completion? That has to be one of the current developments I’m most excited for.

Dilworth is going to have an impressive mini skyline soon. My only concern is integrating this into the larger urban core. I want this region to feel connected to Uptown and South End, especially on foot. 277 hampers that a lot. Wonder if we’ll need an extra pedestrian bridge/tunnel or something to accomplish that. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

this Radius Dilworth 26 story tower is going to look great.   Some of these renderings I have not seen before.  And it does have 5000 sq ft of retail  626 apartments in this one complex but with 2 parts.  the Overlook tower and the Enclave the midrise portion.   Check out that 3 D rendering on CLT Development https://www.instagram.com/p/ChLE0rkpdy3/

https://www.bbm-arch.com/project/morehead-overlook/

Looked at the 3D video, I am concerned about the parking deck being exposed on the west and north sides of the building.

• Like 4