Renderings of new Memphis Westin and Rivercrest Condos

sleepy

The Westin was proposed earlier this year, but no pic until recently. The site says construction will start later this year. It will be wedged in a parking lot across from the FedEx forum and a block off Beale St.

original.jpg

This is the newly proposed Rivercrest Condos with construction to start this month. Looks pretty large for only 11 units. The blurry rendering gives me a headache. The balconies look a little too large and over the top as well.

original.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Westin will fit in nicely with that design, which I like quite alot. Its always nice to see once empty lots/parking filled with such nice projects. I'm so ready to see the Vue and the Westin get started and completed!!!!

I think once built the Rivercrest deisign will be fine too.

Memphis is getting up there, I must say! You have the Horizon Towers, One Beale, and the Vue going up as the triple crown for downtown condos...then the Westin and the two hotels going in the Chisca Hotel locations as the triple crown for downtown hotels...I'm seeing the big projects coming in threes!

Memphis is getting up there, I must say! You have the Horizon Towers, One Beale, and the Vue going up as the triple crown for downtown condos...then the Westin and the two hotels going in the Chisca Hotel locations as the triple crown for downtown hotels...I'm seeing the big projects coming in threes!

With all the above projects, it seems that momentum is building in Memphis. I predict that it won't be too much longer before a new tallest in Memphis project will be announced.

With all the above projects, it seems that momentum is building in Memphis. I predict that it won't be too much longer before a new tallest in Memphis project will be announced.

Hankster, You're more positive than I am. I don't expect anything taller than what is currently in Memphis for quite a while.

Isn't the One Beale project going for the tallest? I could be wrong, but I believe Gene Carlisle said it would be the tallest, most expensive project in Memphis history. I can't find the article though. If someone can find it please post it.

The way I remember the article, Carlisle said it would be the largest and most expensive condo project ever in Memphis. It also mentioned a building in the 25-30 story range. It's possible that such a building could be the tallest depending on design, but they didn't specficially say so.

I'm also wondering what the height of The Vue will be. At 28 stories, with the lower 8 being garage, I would guess it's in the 350-375 ft range. Purely a guess, though.

Archived