More bad rankings for SC

vicupstate

Seems like we're so used to "bad" news about our great state that we fail to celebrate the good news that we receive (and oftentimes the "bad" news isn't really all that bad when all things are equal among all states being ranked). Anyway, here's some more news on the positive side of things.

Despite our 2nd quarter slump, a federal report issued yesterday shows that SC's job creation is closer to the middle of the pack instead of trailing near the end. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. SC has a reputation that was justified 20 years ago, but I think at this point we are not as bad off as people like to point out. Which is the problem. I think people are quick to point out any bad stats, and then people are more willing to dispute them in order to justify the statistic's existance as not the whole picture. Good stats are responded to with: "Yay!" etc.

The fact is that when it comes to the economy, SC has a pretty good one, and it will definately grow as time passes. These Midwestern states like the Dakotas and Montana have much worse economies with reagerds to most things except for agriculture. Anyway, I digress. I think I've made my point though.

Back to one of the original arguments... This was in The Greenville News:

Clemson defends its affordability

Best students want and will pay for a quality education, official says

Top students are willing to pay for a quality education and increasingly demand it as state scholarships keep them in state, said Neill Cameron, Clemson University vice president for advancement.

"The marketplace is speaking with a loud voice: we will pay for quality,"

I think that this does speak volumes as Clemson saw a record number of applications this past year!

Archived