Cities in films

Angelina

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A free IMDB account will allow searches for filming locations for movies.

Also, if you're interested in bands' origins, you can do the same with a free allmusic.com account.

Tucson has two movie ranches: "Old Tucson" on the west side, which is mainly just a tourist attraction, and Mescal on the far southeast side which is a little more like a real ranch. Old West facades and such.

Countless Westerns have been filmed at these places.

There was a recent documentary that was shown locally about the Tucson music scene in the 80's called "High and Dry." I don't believe that it will be nationally released though.

Several indie documentaries on the border crisis: "Cries from the Border" and "Walking the Line" just to name a couple.

I'd also imagine that there will be some documentaries about meth and/or identity theft involving Tucson out soon.

Some others:

"Revenge of the Nerds" was filmed on the University of Arizona campus

"Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" during the beginning motorcycle chase and probably others

"Arizona Dream": a little-known early Johnny Depp/Vincent DiGallo film

"Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" at the beginning (when her husband wrecks his truck) and throughout much of the movie

"Easy Rider" at the beginning riding montage when you see the statue of the lumberjack (although I've been told that this statue also exists in Flagstaff and this was the one used)

"Major League" (spring training shots, I believe)

"Boys on the Side" (not sure where)

"Tombstone" (not actually filmed in Tombstone)

"Young Guns II" (filmed south of town at the San Rafael Ranch)

"Terminal Velocity"

"Tin Cup"

Here is a list of films from Metro Detroit:

The Upside of Anger, Robocop, Hoffa, Renaissance Man, Out of Sight, Bird on a Wire, Crossing the Bridge, Detroit Rock City, Beverly Hills Cop, 8 Mile, Narc, Standing in the Shadows of Motown, Exit Wounds, Blue Collar, True Romance, The TV Show "Martin, The Black Legion, Scarecrow, Detroit 9000, Zebrahead, Presumed Innocent, 61*, Death Bed: The Bed That Eats, The Betsy, Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11, Roger and Me, Barn Red, Exhibitionist, Deep Impact, Crimewave, Brewster Projects, Rosary Murders, Grosse Pointe Blank, The Polish Wedding.

New Orleans has been the setting of many movies.

The most recent movie to be filmed here was the Dukes of Hazard, half of the film was filmed in Baton Rouge, and the other half was filmed in N.O.

omg really! I didn't get to see that.. but the old series was filmed in Cali right? must've been...

New Orleans has been the setting of many movies.

The most recent movie to be filmed here was the Dukes of Hazard, half of the film was filmed in Baton Rouge, and the other half was filmed in N.O.

Thats interesting. I noticed that it looked nothing like Atlanta (there are no traffic circles or raised interstates like that in DT Atlanta) but I couldn't figure out where it was. Thanks for that trivia :)

Boston:

Alex & Emma

Amistad

Blown Away

Boondock Saints

Cellular

Coma

Dreamcatcher

Fever Pitch

Field of Dreams

The Firm

Getting Away with Murder

Glory

Good Will Hunting

Here on Earth

Green Streat Hooligans

Housesitter

The Last Detail

The Last Dispatch (documentry of Boston-based band)

Legally Blond

Malcom X

Mermaids

Mrs. Winterbourne

Mystic River

The Next Karate Kid

Next Stop Wonderland

The Out-of-Towners

The Parent Trap (1961)

The Program

Prozac Nation

The Ring

The River Wild

Run

School Ties

Snitch

The Spanish Prisoner

Spartan

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

The Verdict

Warlock

What's the Worst That Could Happen?

The Witches of Eastwick

With Honors

Shows:

Ally McBeal

Boston Public

Cheers

Crossing Jordan

Goodnight, Beantown

The Practice

Real World: Boston (1997)

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

Bonita Beach, FL

Still Green ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471037/ & http://www.uncoveredproductions.com/Uncove...till_Green.html - filmed on the beach in Bonita)

• 2 weeks later...

Providence

Dumb and Dumber

There's Something About Mary

Providence (NBC Series)

Brotherhood (to-be-Showtime Series)

Federal Hill

and, of course, in an animated form, Family Guy also was "shot" in Providence.

Rhode Island

Outside Providence (shot in Pawtucket and URI)

Me, Myself, and Irene (shot in Narragansett)

Amistad (Shot in Newport)

Meet Joe Black (shot in Warwick)

The Great Gatsby (shot in Newport)

Archived