Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Peyton withdraws Cecil funding bill

With criticism and questions mounting from the Westside, John Peyton announced today a crucial funding bill for reusing Cecil Field as a Navy base will be withdrawn from the City Council.

"I will only reintroduce the legislation if it's in our community's best interest to do so," Peyton said of the $50 million bond package.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...et_peyton.shtml

The city needs to either drop it or go for it full force and make sure to lock it down. This half a** crap will only hurt the base/commerce center. No new companies are going to want to move in if they are unsure of the fate of Cecil because the city can't make up its mind to take it or leave it.

^ asonj23 - I completely agree with you post, but I've slightly rewritten it below... ;)

Peyton needs to either drop it or go for it full force and make sure to lock it down. Peyton's half a** crap will only hurt the city.

I mean, he's neither opposing it or supporting it anymore. He's just avoiding the damn thing, and hoping no one will be mad at him when the election rolls around!!

^That's the type of feeling I got when I first heard the news. I also think its time that his office finally comes out with an official opinion on several issues and deals (ex. courthouse, Landing, Cecil, etc.) and work to end them, one way or another.

This is typical of Peyton's complete lack of leadership. He is absolutely too weak to take a stand on a hotly contested issue and stick with it (and dont cite the Baymeadows deal he vetoed that no one liked anyway). He must pay for this at the ballot boxes in the next election. We need a good challenger to get rid of this clown.