Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asonj23

Rumors...

I have been hearing some buzz around town about a California developer buying up to 17 blocks downtown for a potential mega-plex development near the sports complex (along Hogan's Creek?). I don't want to jump to any conclusions and have done little research, but has anyone caught wind of such a plan?

Something like that would do more for downtown than any tower ever could. Haven't heard anything though, but I hear everything on here...

I haven't heard this either but I've always felt a mega entertainment district should be built. 17 blocks is possible if it extends Eastward encompassing the fairgrounds but I can't see any other configuration for 17 blocks.

Now McCoys creek in Brooklyn is possible too.

Yeah, Brooklyn would be a more likely spot since I dont think there are that many available parcels around the sports complex and prices for land there may be prohibitive. I wonder what they would bring to the table that the Landing doesnt already have.

Yeah, Brooklyn would be a more likely spot since I dont think there are that many available parcels around the sports complex and prices for land there may be prohibitive. I wonder what they would bring to the table that the Landing doesnt already have.

Besides residential, they may add a movie theater, clubs, more restaraunt options, who knows.

Granted is Sleiman can get hsi way, the Landing may offer all that as well.

I don't want to spin this as anything but a rumor. From what I've heard Viper, you are correct about it extending eastward from Hogans Creek toward the fairgrounds. This would be a great area for a development of this nature. My guess is that it would be along the lines of West Palm's City Place.