Downtown Property Question

gamecockgop2004

Over the course of a year, I have heard many predictions for the property that lies at the corner of Gervais and Huger. Does anyone have any credible information of what will be developed here?

Also, with the heart of columbia motel's supposed date of disaster (Oct. 10), does anyone have information about possible development?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know what! i was trying to figure out the same thing, i see they cleared the lot out, i want to say there are suppose to build something thats dealing with the museum, i seen something in the paper about it, but it was a couple wks ago.what ever their putting in that spot it has to nice, since it's been such a big deal about the property in that area.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I know.

So what's going on at the site of the old HOC hotel? I'll be SO GLAD to see that eyesore gone!

Who's going to go out and snap some pictures? ;)

The plans for old Kline proerty are changing. Maybe Mixed use. No specific plans for HOC property. Just happy to finally see it go. Carolina Plaza building to be demolished soon. Property too valuable to not see development soon. Stay Tuned.

The plans for old Kline proerty are changing. Maybe Mixed use. No specific plans for HOC property. Just happy to finally see it go. Carolina Plaza building to be demolished soon. Property too valuable to not see development soon. Stay Tuned.

I hope the Carolina Plaza is replaced with another highrise. I hate to see a highrise torn down and not replaced by another.

Hey oldtimer! Welcome to the group. I hadn't heard that news about the Kline site. That sounds promising! The practical use of that site is so limited by the lack of walkable access -- I really do think something has to be done right around there to make Huger less of a barrier to pedestrians. I think some kind of footbridge -- it should well designed to blend in and kind of disappear -- is needed around there.

OH! HEY SPARTY! Can we fix the typo in this thread. It's killin' me! :)

I hope the Carolina Plaza is replaced with another highrise. I hate to see a highrise torn down and not replaced by another.

Good point, i would love to see the Carolina Plaza demolished, but i don't want to see a 5 story building to replace it. It would defintely take aways from the skyline since Carolina Plaza has been there for so long. What are they suppose to be building in it's place.

:blink:

Archived