Hurricane Katrina Rolls In

NCB

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooo, now thats a mesocyclone if I've ever seen one. Did you take those yourself NCB?

O No! I recieved these pictures in an e-mail.

At the time this pics were taken, I was in my house with no power, waiting for it all to just end.

I'm sorry, but you y'all should know better. You rarely get these types of supercells in hurricanes. Furthermore, that just doesn't look like Louisiana to me. When was the last time you were in a hurricane with no rain?

A quick look at scopes.com will reveal more i'm sure.

5th time I've seen these. Still nice pictures, but i'm getting sick of these things going around after anything happens in the world. Can't we just appreciate their beauty without attaching some to some significant event?

I'm sorry, but you y'all should no better. You rarely get these types of supercells in Hurricanes. Furthermore, that just doesn't look like Louisiana to me. When was the last time you were in a hurricane with no rain?

I quick look at scopes.com will reveal more i'm sure.

5th time I've seen these. Still nice pictures, but i'm getting sick of these things going around after anything happens.

They're fake, Brickell. Someone posted these at SSC a few weeks ago and was disproven. I believe they are actually pics of tornados over Iowa.

EDIT:

Ah Snopes.com

According to snopes, they pics of tornados, but over Nebraska and Kansas. they were taken by Mike Hollingshead.

They have been used to depict Australian cyclones, tornados in Ontario, and several severe storms in Alberta.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I missed this topic when it was posted apparently. Incredible pics, thanks for sharing them Nate.

I hate to spoil everyone's fun, but, as I mentioned before in my previous post, these pics are 100% fake. They are pics of tornadoes in Nebraska and Kansas, not of Hurricane Katrina. That said, they are indeed incredible photos!

I hate to spoil everyone's fun, but, as I mentioned before in my previous post, these pics are 100% fake. They are pics of tornadoes in Nebraska and Kansas, not of Hurricane Katrina. That said, they are indeed incredible photos!

Well even if they aren't from Katrina, they're still impressive pics.

Haha, now that I look over these pictures again I have no idea why I thought even for just a second that they were taken in Mississippi and Louisiana. :lol:

Though they are still impressive pictures like everyone has been saying.

Archived