12th & Division Tower

it's just dave

Good news. The 12th and Division 17-story tower across the street from ICON in the Gulch was granted its skyplane variance. I believe the plan is for these two towers to be under construction almost simultaneously, which doesn't happen very often is such close proximity...these will be fun to watch. The Viridian and Suntrust will both have cranes before long as well.

Viridian side note: While downtown while ago, I noticed the beginning installation of green glass along the first of the residential floors. Looks pretty cool.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 12th&Division tower will be clean and modern. Since the Gulch is currently a clean slate, it's a good time to set the bar high..... There's a 17 story condo going up in Little Rock that looks fantastic (and, in my opinion, much more interesting than the ICON). Something like this would be a huge asset for the Gulch... http://www.300thirdtower.com/

Just curious, do you guys think there's really sufficient demand to simultaneously build two mid-rise residential towers practically across the street from each other? (I definitely hope so, but just don't want to be disappointed...)

I think it'll end up looking pretty good, Crosland is a Charlotte company and they've got this flash thing going on now so I'm guessing they'll want to make a statement with this first project. The inclusion of 64k of office and 18k of retail sounds pretty good too.

As far as demand goes, who knows what will happen, but with the huge number of units in planning or under construction right now, I guess the banks believe it. Let's see, we have the 18-story Adelicia a few blocks away with the upcoming sales office, moving toward town, the new condos on 18th, the Bristol, a new 56-unit condo mult-story tower on 18th to begin soon, the ICON, now 12th & Division, the Viridian, the Encore, I guess we should mention the huge Enclave at Hillsboro and 440, 5th and Main, East End Lofts, ooooooodles of condos going in at Germantown, Benton Street in Green Hills, dare I say it, the Signature Tower, the new condos on 8th Avenue at Wedgewood, a new request for multi-family rezoning on the north side of the courthouse (don't know anything about this, but saw the sign), the 10-story West End, that new vintage-looking condo across the street, the Bristol West End, the Midtown Lofts, 3 or 4 new developments on Long Blvd. Those join the completed West End Lofts I & II, both very substantial and Row 31.

...and oh yeah, let's not forget the proposed 600-units at Thermal and possible 1800 at Rolling Mill.

...and all the conversions currently going on.

I don't think Hank's numbers are far off, and given a few more years, might prove to be somewhat conservative.

I know I ventured somewhat outside the immediate core a bit, but not too far at all. Who knows what's going on "outside" the city...it scares me to think about that.

So, when the dust clears, we'll have a brand new town. It won't be Charlotte, it won't be Atlanta, but it'll be something more special indeed, it'll be right here at home.

And if haven't seen a close up of the Symphony Center, do it. This sucker looks like it's being built to last 200 years. No dollar spared. When this building is finished, landscaped and polished, it will become instantly famous in music circles. No doubt about that. I'd love to have that in my front yard.

Golly gee, George Jetson, that Beacon place is pretty snazzy. I don't know my little southern heart could take all that shiny, dazzly stuff. lol

I agree about the Little Rock building. Looks great, but needs some ground level stuff besides cars.

I can't wait to see what Crosland draws up for us at 12th.

I found a modest little development in your neck of the woods the last time I was in NYC...

Very funny NB, with "modest" being the key word! We've actually reached the point of insanity here.... I think these were going for well over $2,000 per sq ft. (I'm still waiting for the punch line.) It is, however, a beautiful building....

Golly gee, George Jetson, that Beacon place is pretty snazzy. I don't know my little southern heart could take all that shiny, dazzly stuff. lol

I agree about the Little Rock building. Looks great, but needs some ground level stuff besides cars.

I can't wait to see what Crosland draws up for us at 12th.

Take another look at the 300 Third Tower in Little Rock. The ground level will include a gourmet food market with delivery, a wine/ spirits shop and another retail outlet. The parking deck will be located on floors 2, 3 and 4.

Golly bill the new projects seem to come daily now. The amazing thing is all these projects are fairly tall and are constantly adding a new facet to what the future Nashville CBD and skyline will look like. Its simply amazing.....and umm I'm running out of adjectives and silly southernisms to express myself for each new project. LOL ;):D

I hear ya RK I'm running out of southernisms myself.

One thing that excites me the most about these two projects is that they are sitting on a hill a hill which will make them seem even taller. Two things I'm wondering about the gulch is are they gonna raze that old crappy looking white building that sits where 11th and 12th split? and do they have anything proposed for that big open field between 11th and the railroad tracks? I know they have a redlight installed there so that would call for something big. I just know I would hate to see that pretty infastructure and street scape sit there for a year or two without being used.

300 looks like its in a great location and within easy walking distance to the right things. The skyline rendering looks great.

Hopefully, 12th and Division will be of similar ilk.

Since the giant retail project has been put on hold for now, I think something along those lines will eventually emerge once the housing stock is denser. Things seem to be happening as predicted; remember it was project announced for a ten-year build out. Patience is the word, and both of these towers are more than I ever expected in the first place.

To think how the place look a couple of years ago to now is amazing. When Sambuca opens and adds more light and life to the area, and the opening of the City Hall performance venue, the area has really come to life. Construction of the new Demonbreun St. bridge is underway so there'll be a lot to watch for a long time.

I think it'll end up looking pretty good, Crosland is a Charlotte company and they've got this flash thing going on now so I'm guessing they'll want to make a statement with this first project. The inclusion of 64k of office and 18k of retail sounds pretty good too.

As far as demand goes, who knows what will happen, but with the huge number of units in planning or under construction right now, I guess the banks believe it. Let's see, we have the 18-story Adelicia a few blocks away with the upcoming sales office, moving toward town, the new condos on 18th, the Bristol, a new 56-unit condo mult-story tower on 18th to begin soon, the ICON, now 12th & Division, the Viridian, the Encore, I guess we should mention the huge Enclave at Hillsboro and 440, 5th and Main, East End Lofts, ooooooodles of condos going in at Germantown, Benton Street in Green Hills, dare I say it, the Signature Tower, the new condos on 8th Avenue at Wedgewood, a new request for multi-family rezoning on the north side of the courthouse (don't know anything about this, but saw the sign), the 10-story West End, that new vintage-looking condo across the street, the Bristol West End, the Midtown Lofts, 3 or 4 new developments on Long Blvd. Those join the completed West End Lofts I & II, both very substantial and Row 31.

...and oh yeah, let's not forget the proposed 600-units at Thermal and possible 1800 at Rolling Mill.

...and all the conversions currently going on.

That is an AMAZING list. That doesn't even cover all of it either does it? Nashville is doing amazing things.

So, when the dust clears, we'll have a brand new town. It won't be Charlotte, it won't be Atlanta, but it'll be something more special indeed, it'll be right here at home.

GOOD! We don't need more Charlottes and Atlantas. They are both certainly turning it around, and what they have going for them works for those two places...but Nashville has a very distinct urban character that neither of those cities have. We should no doubt embrace that to the fullest and take pride in it.

areNot to worry too much, the former residences/buildings directly across the street from 12th and Division of fully leased retail and over 100 years old. I believe even the salty old Station Inn is getting to stay. I think that will be one of the strongest points in the Gulch is the mindset to keep what already there and fill the empty spaces with the new things. Lots of adpative reuse going on down there.

Archived