Hottest SE City For Development

UrbanCharlotte

City Development  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What city (In the SE) is the hottest in terms of development so far in '05?

• Charlotte
    • Orlando
    • Tampa
    • Atlanta
    • Jacksonville
    • Nashville
    • Other, specify

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

List:

1. Atlanta

2. Tampa

3. Charlotte

4. Orlando

5. Jacksonville

6. Nashville

i thik atl has the whole se region beat, i not trying to be on the band wagon, but atl is the reason the south east is expieriencing growth. other cities are benefiting more from this migration. are you guys watching t.v. , everytime you cut on the t.v. it's atl, this headquarter has moved to atl that one. none of the metropolitinan areas can even compare.Because you really can tell the difference from being in atl , from being in Charlotte. Atl is a bigger city!! with a bigger vibe. But after the atl hype one of these cities are really going to benefit. i was guess it would be Charlotte, but for right now. u really can compare these cities to atl, it's i a league of it on. You have people moving from everywhere to atl, when i go to atl i never really meet poeple who are actually from atl, you meet people from all over the globe.

803metlife - I think you are the lead horse of the band wagon ;)

I think you're getting a bit carried away, though I do believe Atlanta has had an influence on southeastern economic activity in the past 40 years, Miami & all of southern Florida has developed nearly fully independant of Atlanta's 'influence'.

But even then - concerning Atlanta's influence on southeastern growth, it could also be argued Atlanta's growth in the past 10 years is partially due to Charlotte's influence.

when i go to atl i never really meet poeple who are actually from atl, you meet people from all over the globe.

The same is true in Charlotte. Most everyone here is NOT from Charlotte. I am not, my whole team except one, is from outside of the state of NC. Mostly NYC and Jersey transplants on my floor. That goes for the entire city for that matter. The growth of Charlotte is not from in state, it is 80% or more from around the entire US.

A2

Well these are all the towers U/C, Approved, or Proposed for CLT.

1.Wachovia 5 Office Tower at least 35 stories up to Charlottes tallest as a Sig. Tower around 70 Stories

2.Vue 58 Story Condo Tower

3.Epicentre 53 Story Mixed Use Tower

4.Avenue 36 Story Condo Tower

5.Epicentre Hotel ~35 Story Hotel modeled after W Hotels

6.Reflections I 30 Story Condo Tower

7.Reflections II 30 Story Condo Tower

8.Trademark 28 Story Condo Tower

9.Citadin I 25 Story Condo Tower

10.Citadin II 25 Story Condo Tower

11.Park Condos 22 Stories

12. Berman Condos at Carolina Theatre 22 Stories~

13. Westin Office Tower ~21 Stories

14. Courtside Condos 17 Stories

15. Midtown Condos 15 Stories

16. Ritz Carlton Hotel 15 Stories

17. Citadin III 10 story condo tower

18. Citadin IIII 10 Story Condo Tower

19. Charlotte Bobcats Arena (NBA) 8 Stories

20/21/22 Renovations of 230 S.Tryon into Condos and Resoration of Wachovia main, Renovation of Cameron Brown Building

Other Projects: Gateway Multimodal Station

Johnson& Wales Business School

Light Rail

Elizabeth/Midtown Redevelopment

UNCC Campus in CC

i thik atl has the whole se region beat, i not trying to be on the band wagon, but atl is the reason the south east is expieriencing growth. other cities are benefiting more from this migration. are you guys watching t.v. , everytime you cut on the t.v. it's atl, this headquarter has moved to atl that one. none of the metropolitinan areas can even compare.Because you really can tell the difference from being in atl , from being in Charlotte. Atl is a bigger city!! with a bigger vibe. But after the atl hype one of these cities are really going to benefit. i was guess it would be Charlotte, but for right now. u really can compare these cities to atl, it's i a league of it on. You have people moving from everywhere to atl, when i go to atl i never really meet poeple who are actually from atl, you meet people from all over the globe.

:rofl::rofl: haha i really can't picture how atlanta in any way influences the booming south florida region,most atlantians don't come to miami and theren't aren't any developers from atlanta developing soemthing in miami,other then cousins which is in partnership with the related group for 50 biscayne.

1.Wachovia 5 Office Tower at least 35 stories up to Charlottes tallest as a Sig. Tower around 70 Stories

20/21/22 Renovations of 230 S.Tryon into Condos and Resoration of Wachovia main, Renovation of Cameron Brown Building

Other Projects: Gateway Multimodal Station

Johnson& Wales Business School

Light Rail

Elizabeth/Midtown Redevelopment

UNCC Campus in CC

where is Reflections I and II?

Charlote will be very similar in its core to many cities in Eourpe and yes even a small Boston with the orientation of develpment going on now. It will have many residential developments between 4-10 stories in the wards and high-rises along the transit coridors. Furman and many other develpers in Charlotte have pointed to 75K number for quite some time for a count of residents lining within the loop within 20 years. That is 75K in an 1.5 square mile area. How dense do you want it?

If you do the math the density will rival many cities in the NE in the city core.

A2

It should be noted that it is only 9K now, and that is up from just 6K in 1990. So the CBD in Charlotte has a ways to go before it gets anywhere close to the 75K number that is being put forth by the wetdreams of these property developers. I suspect the same projections for other cities are also over realistic.

The same is true in Charlotte. Most everyone here is NOT from Charlotte. I am not, my whole team except one, is from outside of the state of NC. Mostly NYC and Jersey transplants on my floor. That goes for the entire city for that matter. The growth of Charlotte is not from in state, it is 80% or more from around the entire US.

A2

This is true. I browsed a website one time listing all of the states in the U.S. and which other states they had the highest migration exchange rates with. NC received most of its migrants from NY; the great majority of them are moving to Charlotte and the Triangle. Most of the people I work with are either from up north (NJ/NY), other parts of NC, or SC. There is a small handful that is native to the Charlotte region.

By the way, I am not at all surprised to see Charlotte in the lead in this poll, despite the overwhelming evidence that Charlotte is in fact not in the lead in the SE. Charlotte is doing great, dont get me wrong, but it is not the leader of the SE for development. This is empirically true.

This thread was originally posted in the Charlotte subforum.

This is true. I browsed a website one time listing all of the states in the U.S. and which other states they had the highest migration exchange rates with. NC received most of its migrants from NY; the great majority of them are moving to Charlotte and the Triangle. Most of the people I work with are either from up north (NJ/NY), other parts of NC, or SC. There is a small handful that is native to the Charlotte region.

Many are moving in from Atlanta too, that is the most interesting one imo.

The projects in bold are already underway.

#3 is not officially under construction, but site demolition is nearly complete

#1, #2, #3, #16 are pretty much a sure thing to be built

Many are moving in from Atlanta too, that is the most interesting one imo.

I wouldn't doubt it. Atlanta has kinda sprawled out of control, while for many, Charlotte is an ideal size. But with the way people continually move into the region, it won't stay that way for long. I can even see the effects trickling down to Rock Hill.

I don't really have much to add, but there seems to be a lot of regionalism going on here. The truth is that just about everyplace is booming right now, dontown, suburbs, colleges, public works, etc, etc. Thank the low interest rates. Yes, Charlotte is booming, so is Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, Forth Lauderdale, Fort Myers, St Petersburg, Mobile, Birhmingham, etc etc...

The only place I know that wasn't booming was Yeehaw Junction in the middle of nowhere florida, but they just announced plans to build a city from scratch there.

Go cranes!

:blink:

YEEHAW JUNCTION IS HILARIOUS,I HATE SEEING ALL THERE STUPID BILLBOARDS.

YEEHAW JUNCTION IS 100MILES AWAY

YEEHAW JUNCTION IS 20 MILES AWAY

AND SO ON........................

Yeehaw Junction is a 4-way stop in the middle of nowhere. :lol: Oh, and it has a bar on the corner that looks like a brothel. And the "historic" Desert Inn.

It's where US 441 and SR 60 intersect in Osceola County. The Turnpike is also a few hundred feet to the east of the "junction."

Anyone watch 20/20 last night? There was a segment on the crazy boom down in Delray Beach. :)

I saw it too.. I was in Delray not too long ago.. Delray's boom is interesting in that it's all mid-rise, with almost nothing higher than 5 stories. I'll put up the pics when I get a bit more time. :)

I voted for Jax. The development is amazing right now. I also voted for Jax because of the sheer number of building permits issued so far this year compared with last year. Ive included a comparison of each of the cities listed, just for some added insight.

City Jan-Aug 2004 Jan-Aug 2005

---------- ------------------ -------------------

Atlanta 49535 49202

Charlotte 15428 14746

Jax 12521 17902

Tampa 19338 24495

Nashville 11173 12144

Orlando 24062 24408

Archived