Atlanta Sports Talk

ironchapman

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm takin the Falcons on this one.

I think it will be a very close game, but Vick will get the job done. :thumbsup:

I agree.

On a side note, I wonder how many primetime games the falcons will have next season? We'll probably get a couple of appearnces on Monday Night Football, seeing as we did so well on it this year, but I wonder how many otherprime time appearances they'll make?

^I would say quite a few.

Atlanta does well on primetime games, their record will most likely be pretty good, and it is always an entertaing game if Michael Vick is in the game. Along with the fact that Atlanta has a large TV market and a large fan base, so whoever is carrying the game would most likely get a good showing in the ATL market.

I disagree.

The Bucs have owned the Falcons/Vick. I see no reason why it wont continue at Ray Jay. Go Bucs! (sorry, ATL is still my #2 team!)

I'd be careful saying that in a thread titled "Atlanta Sports Talk" ;)

I really don't know who will win this. It's going to be a hard fought battle, seeing as they were so close last time.

Dear God, what happened at the Dome today? It was a disgrace. 11-44 with Carolina winning. I have to agree with a poster I saw by a Falcons fan: "This is a disgrace".

See AJC Article

I mean, the Falcons didn't even look like they were trying today. At least they had the effort in their last few games.

Edited by ironchapman

I can understand your disgust, Ironchapman, but what a ridiculous statement.....of course the Panthers were the BETTER team, yesterday (and for the season). True sports professionals shouldn't carry their mood swings onto the turf with them. If the Falcons weren't able to throw off their "depression" and play solid football, that's speaks to their character and coaching as well as perhaps their talent. Stop making excuses, and enjoy the post-season.

I can understand your disgust, Ironchapman, but what a ridiculous statement.....of course the Panthers were the BETTER team, yesterday (and for the season). True sports professionals shouldn't carry their mood swings onto the turf with them. If the Falcons weren't able to throw off their "depression" and play solid football, that's speaks to their character and coaching as well as perhaps their talent.

Yes, I understand. I suppose I was looking for one like our encounter earlier this season, where, although the Panthers were much better (that can't be denied) and pounded us in many ways, we still seemed to at least put up a good effort. We were outplayed, outcoached, and dominated in almost every single way yesterday. It was stupid of me to put that in there....I edited it out.

Don't worry about me, though, I'm just a little bit emotional......give me a few hours and I'll work out of it. :)

Edited by ironchapman

The $100,000,000 Vick is looking like a bust. :o

Not necessarily. The Falcons were plagued by a number of problems this season.

-We had one of our top defensive players knocked out in early October from a toe injury

-The above caused a realignment of our defensive line that cause Keith Brooking to move from the outside (where he's most comfortable) to take over the middle

-We had to bring in rookies (or inexperienced two year players) to take over other spots on the defensive line (either to replace Brooking or another injury)

^In a sense, it was our defensive line that lost the season (our season began to take a downturn after October, which, coincidentally, is when our defensive line began experiencing trouble).

Our offensive line was great (#1 rushing offense). We had Vick, Dunn Crmpler, and even a good back-up quarterback with Schaub.

I understand nothing's perfect and an injury (or more) shouldn't necessarily be a surprise, but it was the injuries plaguing the defensive line that made this season, not the Falcons as a whole, a bust (almost like our mediocre season a few years ago when Vick was knocked out, but we have matured enough as a team and developed our lines enough so that Vick isn't as vital...still a very vital player though...anymore).

Just from watching the Saints vs Falclons games, I think one of the the biggest problems for the Falcons this year was the d-line. It was small, young, and inexperienced. If ATL is able to improve the d-line, I think the defense overall will greatly improve. And we already know how good the offense is when it's clicking.

Just from watching the Saints vs Falclons games, I think one of the the biggest problems for the Falcons this year was the d-line. It was small, young, and inexperienced. If ATL is able to improve the d-line, I think the defense overall will greatly improve. And we already know how good the offense is when it's clicking.

Like I said, we had a good d-line, but they were almost all knocked out (except Brooking, who never seems to be injured). What we need to do is get a good (or at least sustainable) back-up d-line. We managed to get Schaub as a good sub for Vick, should he get taken out (which he does), so we need to work on the d-line.

I think the d-line will be the focus of the draft this year.

Well there seems to be some great D-line talent in the draft this year, so I'm sure Atlanta wouldn't have many problems finding someone they liked.

Can't help but agree there. :)

While we are talking about the draft, any guesses as to who will get Reggie Bush?

Here are the first five teams in the 2006 draft.

1. Houston (2-14)
  2. New Orleans (3-13)
  3. Tennessee (4-12)
  4. New York Jets (4-12)
  5. Green Bay (4-12)
San Francisco (4-12) and Oakland (4-12) will be six and seven, but their respective positions have not been determined yet.