Atlanta Sports Talk

ironchapman

Well, Bobby Cox has just set a new record! He was ejected for the 132nd time today!

Ump's ejection button puts Cox in record book

After going 7 1/2 weeks without getting tossed, Bobby Cox finally passed John McGraw for the most ejections in baseball history Tuesday night.

[...]

It was the 132nd ejection of Cox's career, eclipsing the mark that McGraw set during his Hall of Fame career.

In other news, the Braves won 5-4 over the Giants.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you know it, one night after breaking John McGraw's long held record, Bobby Cox goes and gets himself ejected again! That's 133 times!

Also, Tim Hudson pitched his 14th win, and his 8th in a row! He was called for two balks as well.

The Giants' manager, Bruce Bochy, was tossed as well.

Quite a game. Quite a game. The good news is we won 6-3.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im really sick of people downing him, He is not a thug. We all have made bad choices in our lives, somethings we never got caught doing. He was one of the best quarterbacks in the lead he broke records and everything. And people actually started coming to the games. The people came to see Michael Vick Play point blank. No one was calling him a thug when the falcons was wining those games . The falcons have not been the same since Vick got into all this. He is a great football player despite his faults and i wish people would stop with all the non sense its rediculous. He is a whole lot better than the quaterbacks we have now

Edited by bloomingdales

Im really sick of people downing him, He is not a thug. We all have made bad choices in our lives, somethings we never got caught doing. He was one of the best quarterbacks in the lead he broke records and everything. And people actually started coming to the games. The people came to see Michael Vick Play point blank. No one was calling him a thug when the falcons was wining those games . The falcons have not been the same since Vick got into all this. He is a great football player despite his faults and i wish people would stop with all the non sense its rediculous. He is a whole lot better than the quaterbacks we have now

As a 34 year old white male, born and raised Atlantan, life long Falcons fan, and pre-Vick season ticket holder I have to completely not disagree with you :lol:.

But seriously, that previous year I had almost cancelled my season tickets and when the Falcons made the move up in the draft to get Vick I decided to keep them. It was a bold move for a talented player who could re-energize the fan base and pack the seats. He gave Falcons fans something to look forward to every Sunday (and even some Mondays) which we hadn't had since Deion was around. I honestly believe that if he had stability around him in the coaching staff he would have been a perrenial pro bowler and the Falcons might actually have back to back winning seasons by now.

As a 34 year old white male, born and raised Atlantan, life long Falcons fan, and pre-Vick season ticket holder I have to completely not disagree with you :lol: .

But seriously, that previous year I had almost cancelled my season tickets and when the Falcons made the move up in the draft to get Vick I decided to keep them. It was a bold move for a talented player who could re-energize the fan base and pack the seats. He gave Falcons fans something to look forward to every Sunday (and even some Mondays) which we hadn't had since Deion was around. I honestly believe that if he had stability around him in the coaching staff he would have been a perrenial pro bowler and the Falcons might actually have back to back winning seasons by now.

[/quot

Thats what i am talking about man please give the man his props

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Atlanta Major League Soccer Announcement is today!

This major announcement has flown under the radar. Today at 5 p.m. officials will make the announcement that Atlanta has been awarded a MLS team. The team is scheduled to play in the new retractable roof stadium that is under construction next to the Georgia Dome.

Atlanta's international community has been growing by leaps and bounds. This sports addition should be a wonderful asset to the Atlanta area.

Officials are expected to confirm on Wednesday that Atlanta will get a Major League Soccer team.

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank andMajor League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber, Mayor Kasim Reed and Georgia World Congress Center Authority Executive Director Frank Poe have called a press conference at 5 p.m. to make an announcement, according to a press release.

Read more here: http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/morning_call/2014/04/atlanta-major-league-soccer-announcement-is.html