Atlanta Sports Talk

ironchapman

This weeks Sports Illustrated has an NBA preview and it says the Hawks will finish 13 out of 15 teams in the eastern conference. What do you guys think about that?

I'm surprised it isn't lower...well, okay, perhaps what I said is an exaggeration, but I'm still not surpised really. The Hawks are known for doing a pitiful job.

Not to say that I don't support them, though, just trying to be brutally honest about it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Hawks wil play better this year, but it is to early to tell.

Call it pessimism/cynicism, but I doubt it. They might play a little better, but it one be some huge leap of greatness (if you catch my drift).

Like you said, though, it is too early to tell.

Just wanted to say that.........

UGA is undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dawgs, sic 'em, woof woof woof!!!

Next week is the Gators. I'm a little scared because DJ was hurt in this Saturday's game. Those darn Razorbacks.....anyway, everyone wear your red and black this Friday. Even if you didn't go to UGA. :yahoo:

Just wanted to say that.........

UGA is undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dawgs, sic 'em, woof woof woof!!!

Next week is the Gators. I'm a little scared because DJ was hurt in this Saturday's game. Those darn Razorbacks.....anyway, everyone wear your red and black this Friday. Even if you didn't go to UGA. :yahoo:

Not to mention our record over the past few years against Florida....

Not to mention our record over the past few years against Florida....

You got that right.

I can count on one hand how many times we have beat them since I went there. I think we won once in the four years I was a student. I did like going down to Jacksonville for the largest cocktail party in the world. :shades: I hope my child doesn't read that I said that because she would never think that her mother would do such a thing.

You got that right.

I can count on one hand how many times we have beat them since I went there. I think we won once in the four years I was a student. I did like going down to Jacksonville for the largest cocktail party in the world. :shades: I hope my child doesn't read that I said that because she would never think that her mother would do such a thing.

GO LINDSAY GO!!!

^I may be young, but I have recordings of that.

Whatever the case, I'm still looking forward to the game. It's always a good one to watch, even if we do lose most of the time.

Going to Jacksonville must have been an exciting experience. The river must have been nice, too. It certainly one of the most beautiful locations I can think of for a city, IMO. (wait till the Jacksonville forumers read that. :P)

Edited by ironchapman

If UGA can shut down Chris Leak, the game should be theres. LSU got to him constantly, causing him to have one of his worst performances of his college career. Because of this, the UF offense was horrible thoughout most of the game.

I think Georgia's defense will destroy Floridas offense, which is great, because I'm not to big of a Gator Fan. :P

Edited by NCB

If we do these things this weekend, we will beat the Gators:

1) Run the ball

2) Conservative passing (screens, throw to tight ends)

3) Win the turnover battle

My freshman year at UGA I went down to Jacksonville and that was the first time we had beaten Spurrior ('97). We won that game by running the ball and controlling the game clock. I hate the fact that Fla. has had a bye week to figure things out. Now if I can just find a bar in Chicago that will have some rowdy Dawg fans.

Go Dawgs.

If we do these things this weekend, we will beat the Gators:

1) Run the ball

2) Conservative passing (screens, throw to tight ends)

3) Win the turnover battle

My freshman year at UGA I went down to Jacksonville and that was the first time we had beaten Spurrior ('97). We won that game by running the ball and controlling the game clock. I hate the fact that Fla. has had a bye week to figure things out. Now if I can just find a bar in Chicago that will have some rowdy Dawg fans.

Go Dawgs.

Can't help but agree with what you propose they do to win against Florida.

As for finding a Dawgs bar in Chicago, your predicament sounds much the same as Lewis Grizzard's while he lived in Chicago (although I think he called the city several other names that probably wouldn't be fit to post here :P ).

Huh? Did Jerry Seinfeld say something about Newnan???

He was making a pun out of Seinfeld's "Newman", Jerry's nemesis who he was famous for saying "Hello, Newman" to:

Newman.jpg

Or, you might have already known this and were just being sarcastic in which case the point of this entire post has just been invalidated. :P

Edited by ironchapman

Andruw Jones got a "Silver Slugger" award. Anybody hear about that?

Sorry for the confusion. Just bitter about the Dawgs loss to Fla. (as usual). In case yall didn't know, the actor who plays Newman on Seinfeld actually graduated from UGA.

Wow...I didn't know that. Cool!

Sorry for the confusion. Just bitter about the Dawgs loss to Fla. (as usual). In case yall didn't know, the actor who plays Newman on Seinfeld actually graduated from UGA.

Its become tradition for them to play their worst game of the season in Jacksonville. :(

But UGA can still win the SEC and that would be GREAT.

Figured I'd add this. After an autopsy, doctors have determined that Hawks Center Jason Collier died of an enlarged heart. They say that it was caused by a rythm disturbance.

See More

Thats about all that I can remember from my 4 years of being a Drama Major at UGA (computer animation actually, but it was under the drama department).

Damn car bombs :wacko:

What's the drama department like at UGA. Was it good?