Atlanta Sports Talk

ironchapman

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this should have been mentioned earlier, but I'd like to say that I loved that game against the Dolphins. It was one of our team's best performances yet. I've heard speculation tha Atlanta could be Super Bowl bound this year or within the next few. Any thoughts?

I know this should have been mentioned earlier, but I'd like to say that I loved that game against the Dolphins. It was one of our team's best performances yet. I've heard speculation tha Atlanta could be Super Bowl bound this year or within the next few. Any thoughts?

I really liked the game as well. I like it when they are close enough to keep you interested. I have to keep my Falcons passion secret though.....my husband's affliation with the Steelers keep my secretly mum but at least he looked at it because it came on before the Steelers game.

Did everyone see Dan Marino during halftime..............he is still hot. :shades: I used to watch football just to see Dan Marino, Steve Young or Troy Aikman....unless they were playing the Steelers. That was so many years ago...and waaaaaaaaaaay too girly for the sports thread.

The news itself is a little old, but has anyone here heard about Bobby Cox being voted mamnager of the year? He's the first ever in either league to win the award in two years back-to-back. He's tied with St. Louis' Tony La Russa for the most managerial awards now. He is under contract through next season. He said he has thoughtr from time to time about retiring, but he hasn't made a decision yet.

That's quite a feat.

See more (AJC)

The Packers had a surprise victory over our Falcons today 33-25. It's quite an improvement from the way the Packers fared in our game against them game last year, I will give it that, though. It is still only the Packers' second win of the season, so the Falcons must have done something wrong.

We are now tied with Tampa for second place in our division with Carolina in the lead, but something tells me we can pull it off.

See More

----------------------------------

On a side note, is it just me or are the Thrashers actually doing well this season? They managed to shut Carolina out of its winning streak in a franchise record score 9-0.

...Now if only we could work on the Hawks...Ah for wishful thinking. But even then they aren't anywhere near as bad so far this season as they were last season.

Edited by ironchapman

Anybody got any SEC championship game predictions?

I think LSU will win their last two games against Ole Miss and Arkansas, and win the SEC West. And I think Georgia will end up winning the SEC East.

So I think that for the second time in 3 years, it will be LSU vs UGA in the SEC championship.

Edited by NCB

Anybody got any SEC championship game predictions?

I think LSU will win their last two games against Ole Miss and Arkansas, and win the SEC West. And I think Georgia will end up winning the SEC East.

So I think that for the second time in 3 years, it will be LSU vs UGA in the SEC championship.

You know I'm a big UGA fan, right?

Well, last time they faced each other in the SEC Championship, I was wearing my high school's colors, which are the same as LSU's (there was a basketball game earlier that night). Add onto that the fact that I was in a restaurant with a bar filled with UGA fans---------fun times :P

Edited by ironchapman

You know I'm a big UGA fan, right?

Well, last time they faced each other in the SEC Championship, I was wearing my high school's colors, which are the same as LSU's (there was a basketball game earlier that night). Add onto that the fact that I was in a restaurant with a bar filled with UGA fans---------fun times :P

Dont ya just love sports! :P

I've had somewhat of a similar experience, because of a lost bet 2 years ago, before a Falcons/Saints game I had to walk around New Orleans, and inside the Superdome, in ATL falcons gear...boy that was fun. :lol:

BTW, I'm sure you can tell that I'm a HUGE LSU fan, so if LSU goes to the SEC championship, you can count on me being in Atlanta!

Edited by NCB

Does GA Tech ever stop getting in trouble with the NCAA? They've been placed on two years probation now for having 17 ineligible athletes on their various teams. 11 of these were on the football team alone!

It's getting ridiculous....<_<

See Article

^That's the only newspaper that I could find right now that had the article & didn't require you to sign up first.

Edited by ironchapman

Does GA Tech ever stop getting in trouble with the NCAA? They've been placed on two years probation now for having 17 ineligible athletes on their various teams. 11 of these were on the football team alone!

It's getting ridiculous....<_<

See Article

^That's the only newspaper that I could find right now that had the article & didn't require you to sign up first.

Cheaters never win...Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by atlmangum

Congrats tp Georgia Tech!

Not only did those guys show alot of heart and play a great game, but #3 Miami losing means #4 LSU moves up in the polls! :yahoo:

Be careful, NCB. There's a lot of UGA fans here (like me). ;)

But I must say I feel a little bit of satisfaction seeing Miami lose like that. :)

I'm still waiting for the big UGA vs. GT game. Always good stuff there!

Edited by ironchapman

^Good to hear it ;)

Once again, the Falcons lost. This it was to the Buccaneers, 30-27. It was a good game, though. I will say that. The Bucs did play well.

And again, the Thrashers won, or at least to Philly. They beat Philly 6-5. It looks like it was a good game. Bad news is, though, that the Leafs beat, or "thrashed", us 5-1 a little while ago.

A bittersweet weekend for Atlanta.

-------------------

And most of you have already heard about the DAWGS clenching the SEC EAST TITLE!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by ironchapman