Grand Rapids Meetup

GRDadof3

Grand Rapids Meet Up  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Night is Better?

• Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday

Thought I would do our first poll EVER! since I am so bored right now at work, just knitting sweatshirts:

birdhouseslg.jpg

Which night do you guys and gals want to get together? We might be able to swing it next weekend. Put your vote in and we'll pick whichever gets the most votes. I am working on getting us into a couple of reno jobs, too ;)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to meet my fellow Urbanistas!

Where would this meet-up be held?

(I voted for Friday, by the way.)

We will have to figure out a place. Downtown would be better than a neighborhood joint due to its central location for everyone (obviously). Since we have so many beer connoisseurs (sp?), maybe someplace on Ionia like TAPS, Black Rose or Gardellas? I'm open to suggestions. And to those of you who are not 21, we'll pick a place that you can get into and not HAVE to drink ;) It will most likely be the weekend of the 21st due to the PM's I've gotten requesting that weekend instead.

Oh, BTW: This is open to anyone from UP, including anyone from the Mid-Michigan or Detroit sections ;)

3/Dad, it's just you. You don't need to be a regular to feel comfortable at the Cottage. It's a perfect, non-francise, non-sports bar.

The only thing is ...if there are alot of us, on a Saturday evening, getting tables together would be improbable. What usually happens with a biggish crowd that are together is that some folks have to sit at gulag tables or booths; not a good way to get to know each other or promote conviviality.

Is it possible to reserve a room or "area" at Gardella's?

I must add...

Here's where I really miss The Grapevine at Gibson's. It would have been perfect!

3/Dad, it's just you. You don't need to be a regular to feel comfortable at the Cottage. It's a perfect, non-francise, non-sports bar.

The only thing is ...if there are alot of us, on a Saturday evening, getting tables together would be improbable. What usually happens with a biggish crowd that are together is that some folks have to sit at gulag tables or booths; not a good way to get to know each other or promote conviviality.

Is it possible to reserve a room or "area" at Gardella's?

The upstairs at Gardellas is good for big groups, and usually is the last area to fill up. I haven't been there in a few years, is their beer selection pretty good? It looks like Friday or Saturday are almost neck and neck, so I hope that if we pick one night, the rest of the group can try and make it.

Conviviality, I like it :D

Yeah, I like upstairs at Gardellas. Someone might want to call and check what time the upstairs opens though. What time would we plan on meeting?

Old%20man%20and%20cane.jpg

Us old folks start early, maybe 6:30 - 7:00? I'll call Gardellas. If we go there, I've gotta have cheese filled pretzels drool.gif

Archived