Parking

twoshort

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are parking rates in Grand Rapids good? That is, are they well priced compared to other places in the country? I ask because paying for parking is against everything I beleive in but winter is coming and garages look much more appealing in the winter.

They're around 7-8 bucks a day, some of the lots will even allow overnight w/o extra pay. Most "Big Cities" i've been to charge 15+, 24-30 for overnight.

I think rates are fine. Of course, I don't pay the meter as often as I probably should :ph34r::P

Yeah, and even those are few and far between. I know on event nights at VA, the lots are all pretty full if not completely full in the area directly surrounding it. Not many people mind paying 7 or 8 bucks to not have to walk their big butts a few blocks :D

What's with the guy flagging people down with the flashlight ALL HOURS OF THE DAY at the Lyon-Ottawa lot? I can't see how anyone could miss seeing that parking lot :huh:

I think the parking rates are fine, but like andy, I have figured out ways to avoid paying as much as possible.

Did anyone read the guest column in Saturday's GR Press? Help, I can't find the link on MiLive but this Lowell resident, Curt MacDougall writes a great parking story titled, "Shorter statute of limitation on parking fines, please" which for those of us who receives/d any tickets can certainly relate to. I just learned after paying a parking meter infraction there are two rates depending on where you receive the ticket, central city is $10 and non-central city is $5. Last winter I found a ticket on my windshield in Chicago while in Andersonville, for an expired meter with a $25 fee but was happy to pay when I found out I could pay on-line. Grand Rapids does offer on-line payment but with a "convenience fee" of $6.95, ouch! Let's just say that the fees in the Windy City were much more user-friendly! Curt brings up some good points regarding the City's fine structure--10 days, 11-90 days and over 91 days. I'm new here to the forum and not sure if parking or lack there of has been a topic of the past.

What's with the guy flagging people down with the flashlight ALL HOURS OF THE DAY at the Lyon-Ottawa lot? I can't see how anyone could miss seeing that parking lot :huh:

I think the parking rates are fine, but like andy, I have figured out ways to avoid paying as much as possible.

^Like I say, BK is the ultimate parking space!

Archived