What is Greenville missing?

NYTransplant

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that pre-dates me. Chophouse '47 has been there since I've lived here. :shok:

Any idea why they bailed? It's a pretty cool place to eat (at least the one in Cleveland, OH is).

When Max & Erma's was in negotiation for the land beside California Dreaming, CD was the only restaurant on that road which made that location a good one. By the time they built the restaurant, all the other restaurants were there, making its location not-so-good because it was the last restaurant you came to from the main entrance. This location only did about $20,000 per week, which is what TGI Fridays sometimes does in a day. Also after the original general manager left, M & E's went through a few bad managers before it finally closed. It was never busy and rarely was on a wait after the grand opening. I don't think it ever made a profit, which is sad because the food was incredible.

Are you sure it was where Chophouse '47 is now? I was thinking it was closer to Pelham, perhaps in the building where Tony Roma's is now. I'm not sure, but it was definitely in that area with California Dreaming. I don't believe I ever dined there, either.

Definately was in the Chophouse '47.

Interesting about Max and Erma's. I just saw yesterday on a business flash I receive, they are looking at adding 300 locations over the next couple of years. They are on a major expansion. Vegas is one of the cities they are immediately expanding into. It mentioned they would make a push into the south and be entering several new markets, as well as re-entering a couple of previous markets in new locations. Hmmmm....

Max & Erma's is not the only thing missing from Restaurant Row. Tony Roma's closed up unexpectedly over a month ago.

What am I supposed to do with this $5 off coupon, then? :shok:

I agree with Ralph Wiggum there. Their ribs were never up to snuff. :angry:

Yet another incentive for Smokey Bones to enter the market! :thumbsup:

I heard a few bad stories regarding the last few months of Tony Roma's life on restaurant row. Apparently there were some major management problems and they were forced to abort rather suddenly (just a rumor). I did enjoy their ribs several years ago, but then choked when I had to pay for them. Sticky Fingers puts them to shame on both flavor and price.

Better chance (one day) of this chain coming.....

whataburger.gif

Already coming into S. Georgia

I've eaten at a couple of Whataburgers in Houston....wasn't that impressed.

Would love to have In-N-Out burger. I read they are still privately owned and not into franchising. Mutiple companies have approached them about franchising and they won't. Other than California, I think they only have a few stores in Arizona and a couple in Vegas. Maybe one day! :) Jack in the Box made their jump over to the East Coast starting with North Carolina and Upstate.....maybe In-N-Out will do the same. Man, I'm hungry now. Notice how these UP threads always get around to food? :D

Archived