What is Greenville missing?

NYTransplant

more wishes...

1) Costco

2) Storehouse Furniture

3) Lucky Brand Dungarees (over 150 styles of jeans for men/women)

4) Sephora (kick a** section of mens colognes)

5) Aldo (shoes for men/women)

6) Illuminations (cool store w/ candles...the modern version of Yankee)

7) Sisley (clothing for men/women...big city version of Express/Express Men)

8) Orvis

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see us get a Costco as well. Do you guys think Cherrydale would be a good area for one?

Cherrydale would be ideal. And then they can give us a Kohl's htere too and then I would have to go to Woodruff Rd a lot less. (uh the Kohl's is mostly for my wife). And how about a McAlister's at Cherrydale, and a Sprouts (or somewhere off of 29 though I did hear they are gonna put one of those in the Greer hospital). I live in Taylors (Pebble Creek area), and it kills me that to go to Sam's I have to go to Woodruff Rd, and Kohl's as well. I'm hoping that with all the development occuring on 29 right now (thanks Target) - that soon we can get some of these stores up this way.

more wishes...

1) Costco

2) Storehouse Furniture

3) Lucky Brand Dungarees (over 150 styles of jeans for men/women)

4) Sephora (kick a** section of mens colognes)

5) Aldo (shoes for men/women)

6) Illuminations (cool store w/ candles...the modern version of Yankee)

7) Sisley (clothing for men/women...big city version of Express/Express Men)

8) Orvis

There used to be a Storehouse on N. Pleasantburg (for a long time), and then it made the mistake of moving to Greenville Mall; it closed after a few years.

There used to be a Storehouse on N. Pleasantburg (for a long time), and then it made the mistake of moving to Greenville Mall; it closed after a few years.

Yup...I remember that store. That was a bad move that sealed their fate, but if Columbia can support them and Charlotte can support 3 locations then Greenville is a no-brainer. A friend in Columbia who works there says that they are looking here again for a possible location so we'll see.

OH! Another friend of mine who works at Belk said that from their understanding, Bass Pro Shops was signed for the old Proffits location at Westgate in Spartanburg. That would certainly explain recent sightings of land surveyors out measuring the site as if it is going to be expanded for the next leasee? But, who knows how reliable my friend's "understanding" is really?

Yup...I remember that store. That was a bad move that sealed their fate, but if Columbia can support them and Charlotte can support 3 locations then Greenville is a no-brainer. A friend in Columbia who works there says that they are looking here again for a possible location so we'll see.

OH! Another friend of mine who works at Belk said that from their understanding, Bass Pro Shops was signed for the old Proffits location at Westgate in Spartanburg. That would certainly explain recent sightings of land surveyors out measuring the site as if it is going to be expanded for the next leasee? But, who knows how reliable my friend's "understanding" is really?

I thought Bass Pro Shops backed out of that deal. :blink:

No offense to the fishermen and hunters in and around Spartanburg, but it would make more sense for Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World to locate nearer Lake Hartwell, Lake Jocassee, etc.. Besides, Greenville is closer to half-way between the locations in Charlotte and Atlanta than Spartanburg is, isn't it? :rolleyes:

You're correct on the location, RT. If BPS looks into the future, they may see another freeway heading north between Greenville and Hendersonville. As it stands now, the larger and wealthier population is located in and around Greenville, plus more visitors already come here. I said this before, but it may need to be spoken once again; I believe more people are likely to travel from Spartanburg and Anderson to Greenville to shop, than from Greenville to Spartanburg, or especially from Anderson to Spartanburg. Greenville is the regional shopping hub, and is centrally located to attract shoppers from the whole Upstate, even if some don't come very often. :)

I thought Bass Pro Shops backed out of that deal. :blink:

No clue? Can we ever believe anything with our ears before our eyes?

No offense to the fishermen and hunters in and around Spartanburg, but it would make more sense for Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World to locate nearer Lake Hartwell, Lake Jocassee, etc.. Besides, Greenville is closer to half-way between the locations in Charlotte and Atlanta than Spartanburg is, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, much closer! We all would think Greenville is the obvious no-brainer, but odd things always happen in the retail world. 15 years ago who'd thunk Sears and Kmart would one day marry?

I would love to see Bass Pro Shops in Greenville.

But if not I think the next logical location would be at exit 19 on I-85 at HWy 76 between Anderson and Clemson. Great access to interstates, to the lakes, and isn't there a Greenridge style shopping center planned for that area?

15 years ago who'd thunk Sears and Kmart would one day marry?

I predicted/suggested this for a college project around 13 years ago, but I can't proove it as my wife recently shredded and threw out all of my old Business Policies papers. Both companies shared similar strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats during our SWOT Analysis and there were other points of synergy that just made this one a no-brainer. :silly:

I predicted/suggested this for a college project around 13 years ago, but I can't proove it as my wife recently shredded and threw out all of my old Business Policies papers. Both companies shared similar strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats during our SWOT Analysis and there were other points of synergy that just made this one a no-brainer. :silly:

Shhuuuure RT...well, I guess that's better than "my dog ate it" :shades:

Organized and psychic...hmmm? It is quite hazy. Oh wait! No. I think I am seeing something? I need my glasses to tell for sure. Its either a yardsign (RestedTraveler for President 2008) or a sign in the yard (Lookout for dog poop!)? Lol.

IS your wife out to get you? Sounds like a conspiracy to destroy you! Lol.

All in jest... :rofl:

IS your wife out to get you? Sounds like a conspiracy to destroy you! Lol.

No - she's just trying to convince me to let go of the past. I can't help it, I'm a pack rat when it comes to my old college stuff. I still own every text book I ever purchased. I couldn't bring myself to sell them back. :unsure: Her ultimate goal isn't to destroy me, but to reduce as much as possible the amount of packing we need to do if we move to Colorado. :rolleyes:

Archived