What is Greenville missing?

NYTransplant

OK, I've got em on the brain now. I changed into my In-N-Out t-shirt. Feel so much closer to them this way! :P I know this guy in Atlanta that is so addicted to them, that he has a courrier service in LA, pick them up every couple of weeks and package them in dry ice (condiments on the side) and Fed Ex same day service to him. A bit much for a burger, but he's an In-N-Out junkie! :D

CIMG3470.jpg

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. That's right up there with my passion for Stewart's Hot Dogs. :wub:

Fortunately, they do all the work for me, so I don't have to hire a courrier. :P

Wow, could I go for a 6-pack of Stewart's Hot Dogs and a gigantic ice cold mug of Stewart's Root Beer right about now. And that's just for breakfast.

I heard a while back that Costco wanted to build a store where Greenville Mall is but I asked someone on staff at the mall and they said it was just a rumor, nothing such is planned.

Personally I would LOVE to see a Costco on Laurens Rd somewhere, maybe at the old Sam's.

I heard a while back that Costco wanted to build a store where Greenville Mall is but I asked someone on staff at the mall and they said it was just a rumor, nothing such is planned.

Personally I would LOVE to see a Costco on Laurens Rd somewhere, maybe at the old Sam's.

I seem to recall hearing that Wal-Mart has renewed interest in that site & may build a Supercenter on it.

I seem to recall hearing that Wal-Mart has renewed interest in that site & may build a Supercenter on it.

I sure hope so. But I would certainly hope that they'd fix up the exterior. I'd like to see something along the lines of TR's new Wally World :wub: . This would definitely be a worth while investment for Walmart, a good catalyst for Laurens Rd, and a good thing for the city. :thumbsup: But I'm still waiting....

I would love to see a Walmart come to Laurens Rd. Maybe it would help spark some new interest in that area.

I think I heard that they would build on the site of the former Goodys AND the old Sams? Seems like they would have to.

I am pretty sure that Walmart let their option on those properties expire.

Here's something that Greenville is missing out on.

When I was a kid growing up in Huntington, West Virginia, home of Marshall University, March meant travelling from to support Huck's Herd from Huntington down to Asheville, North Carolina to the Asheville Civic Center for the Southern Conference Men's Basketball tournament. It was a madhouse, especially with 10,000 "screaming coal miners" in the stands. The Herd Green brought with it lots of Green to spend.

The SoCon tournament is currently hosted in Charleston, South Carolina, by the College of Charleston.

I think it would be a boost for Greenville and Furman University both if Greenville could work with Furman to be competitive enough to land host status for this tournament for a few years. The Bi-Lo Center would be pefect for this. It would bring thousands of Southern Conference fans into town.

With the talk of REI, Bass Pro Shops and Borders floating around, there are obviously some gaps in what people would like to see in Greenville and what exists.

I've thought that a Gelato shop might do well, but with Marble Slab, Spill the Beans and the new sweet shop coming in, that may not be a good idea anymore.

What is Greenville missing that you would like to see?

A Boeing aircraft assembly plant

A Caltech extension campus

A large biotech company

A branch of the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory

A Board of Architectural Review

County building ordinances

Tax credits for the purchase and maintenance of old classic sportscars

An ordinance allowing pet cats to roam outdoors

A vicious dog ordinance

Stiff fines for urinating or spitting in public areas

Stiff fines for poor taste

A strict limit on the number of lawyers

Tax credits for burying power lines

Tax credit for home-schoolers

I think it would be a boost for Greenville and Furman University both if Greenville could work with Furman to be competitive enough to land host status for this tournament for a few years. The Bi-Lo Center would be pefect for this. It would bring thousands of Southern Conference fans into town.

As far as I know, the NCAA isn't bringing any tournaments to SC (or Mississippi) because of a divisive piece of red, white, and blue cloth.

Archived