Minor league baseball in Tallahassee?

psycuda

Ah the real question here GG is not if Martin is OK for a Seminole but why in the devil would he wanna hang around a Gator? :P

Why would he want to hang out with a Gator? Because we are the dominant force in Florida...Because we are ahead of FSU in 100% (that statistic I am sure of :D ) of the Big 3 sports...

I'll work on those other stats...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I want this to turn into a UF v. FSU smack board, but this is the Tallahassee forum.

haha yea, but that was back in the 90's...were both 0 for the 00's...I agree, this is the Tallahassee forum, but its not the FSU forum. Theres just as much orange and blue in Tallahassee as there are noles.

But like I said, we are ahead of FSU in 100% of the big 3 sports.

Wishful thinking there GG? While there's a lot of Gators in Tally for sure, I sincerely and respectively doubt there's "just as many" as there are Seminoles. Pluuuzzeeee!

Believe it or not, not all fans in the stands @ Doak are from Tallahassee. Its ok though, we'll keep braggin' with the tag! :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, not all fans in the stands @ Doak are from Tallahassee. Its ok though, we'll keep braggin' with the tag! :thumbsup:

Like you said before... this isn't unique to FSU! :D Surely not everyone in the "Swamp" as it is called, is a Gator.

But surely you don't believe Gators are the equal to the Seminoles in Tallahassee?

See... this is a perfect example of why we need a professional team here. We all love sports, we need a common team to rally around.

So wiht the relocation of the IM fields as shown in the Demy today off lake bradford-ish, can we expect an FSU development to fill the fields. I hope we do something sexier than a gigantic football parking ggarage (though i think the students would dig the extra space; like a freshmen garage...)

as pertaining to this thread, a baseball stadium with professional intentions?

Like you said before... this isn't unique to FSU! :D Surely not everyone in the "Swamp" as it is called, is a Gator.

But surely you don't believe Gators are the equal to the Seminoles in Tallahassee?

See... this is a perfect example of why we need a professional team here. We all love sports, we need a common team to rally around.

Sure there are Noles in Gainesville.

All I was originally saying was, is that this isnt an FSU forum, but a Tallahassee forum.

All I was originally saying was, is that this isnt an FSU forum, but a Tallahassee forum.

Yeah but then you had to go and say this GG:

Theres just as much orange and blue in Tallahassee as there are noles.

And that sure is bait for trolling in a "Tallahassee forum." :shades:

• 5 months later...

There is no way Tally could support a minor league baseball team. No way.

It depends on what level of minor league team. A triple-A team no way. A double-A team (Like they talked about bringing a few years ago) probably not. A single-A or independent team that just needs to sell 2,000 tickets a night to break even is possible, especially if it is marketed right.

2,000 in attendence wouldn't happen. FSU baseball games don't get that consistly and the games are very cheap, the team is normally very good, and a high number of locals have ties to the organization.

This is a football town and even then the Thunder barely drew 2,000 a night.

That being said it would be nice to have such a team here, but I would probably never attend a game.

2,000 in attendence wouldn't happen. FSU baseball games don't get that consistly and the games are very cheap, the team is normally very good, and a high number of locals have ties to the organization.

This is a football town and even then the Thunder barely drew 2,000 a night.

That being said it would be nice to have such a team here, but I would probably never attend a game.

Its hard to base whether or not Tally could support a minor league team based on FSU attendance. If you do that, you have to assume EVERYONE in Tallahassee is infact a Seminole fan. Thats not the case. I dont think drawing 2,000/night is far fetched.

FSU has been averaging 2,500 to 3,000 a game over the last several seasons. Besides, the locals want something that is close that they can do on a summer night, since the FSU season ends around Memorial Day.

Archived