Santa's Enchanted Forest is back!

Aessotariq

On my way home I noticed that the trees in Tropical Park have been decorated and lit up with Christmas lights. That can only mean one thing! Santa's Enchanted Forest is back in town! This is one of the largest Christmas-themed amusement parks around, and it's probably the second-most popular such event in South Florida, next to the Dade County Fair & Expo in March!

Next time I can get down there and stop, I will take pictures.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is hilarious... only in Miami, I guess. :) I can't say that I've had as scary or bizarre an experience as you guys, just the occasional rowdy bunch. Anybody else want to chime in?

About the Downtown Holiday Village, I vaguely remember hearing that attendance wasn't what they expected. That's disappointing because the setup was beautiful. The neon palm trees in different colors were a great touch. We'll see -- I'll keep an eye out for any info.

as to the downtown holiday village.....there wasn't anything to do there..if they added an ice skating rink or some more rides they would make it more intresting.

santa enchanted forest is more of a cheap carnival the lines are incredibly long and the rides sound as there going to break.

but since in miami we have no themeparks or anything with attractions everyone seems to have alot of fun.

Exactly... it's probably why The Fair in the springtime is so popular... that rare opportunity where you don't have to drive up to Orlando or Tampa.

South Florida could use another coaster or two... Part of the original design plans for Dolphin Mall opened just a few years ago included theme park-like attractions like roller coasters and stuff. So now it's just a miniature version of Sawgrass. The location is great too, accessible via the Turnpike and 836.

I went to Santa's Enchanted forrest once,and I almost didnt come out.Its not that i got lost,its a pretty nice park,only that i think it should be a little bit bigger.I almost lost my cell phone that day.I had my cell phone in my back pocket thinking it wasnt going to fly out and it did.But i found it and surprisingly nothing happened to it.

Archived