Rested...

goodbye

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RT, are you in Greenville this weekend? If you are in town, the day must convince you to stay. It's one of those undescribable Greenville days that we all love....deep blue sky....72 degrees....breezy....the city is buzzing with joggers, cyclist....buzzing with energy and enthusiasm and positive vibes! How can you leave this?

Your positive energy has always come through in your post and you support Greenville 100%....we know you care deeply about this place! I think Greenville said it pretty well above, "please don't leave".

Any chance your work circumstances could change?

Say it isnt so! :o

RT, I wish you could stay, but I understand. I've been in your shoes. Luckily for me my landing was in Greenville.

I do expect you pipe in occasionally. I'm guessing you won't be able to resist. :D

You've been a great asset to UP. Thanks for all you've done. You should start an RT photo of the day thread here in Greenville, and show us all about where you are.

Good Luck!

BTW, When is it happening?

RT, the others have said what we all feel about your departure. I am extremely grateful for your contribution to the Greenville forum over the past several months. I hope you will find a place equally as pleasant to live in Colorado Springs, but your frequent insights, updates, and photos will be greatly missed by us all. Along the road ahead, I hope you will find time to keep us informed about your adventures in the West. We'll do our best to continue growing here in Greenville, but the door will always remain open for you to come back at any time and help us. :thumbsup:

I want everyone to read the series of posts HERE. A faithful and devoted local UP member is on the move and needs to hear our appreciation for the tremendous enthusiasm he's shown about Greenville for many months. Post all your thoughts, questions, and comments to him in this thread. :)

Skyliner and all: I don't know what to say. I'm honored and touched by such an outpouring from all of you. I do love Greenville and I don't want to move if I can avoid it. It's not a done deal yet. I don't even have my house on the market (yet), but I am doing some work around the house to prepare for it.

...if you aren't in Greenville, where will you get your Raspberry Slushin' Joe fix?

Heheh. That's an excellent point! There are no Port City Java stores in Colorado Springs. I'd have to settle for ... Starbucks. I need to find out what other coffee shops are out there. This could be a deal breaker!

RT, are you in Greenville this weekend?

Any chance your work circumstances could change?

No - I'm in Gainesville, Florida for homecoming weekend on a sabbatical in between my two weeks in Orlando. It's warm and humid. I wish the weather were more like that in Greenville. I miss Greenville and can't wait to get back home to see my wife and kids and my favorite city again!

My circumstances could possibly change. My destiny is in my own hands, I hope. My boss has indicated that my company's preference would be for me to live in either Orlando or Colorado Springs; however, I intend to do all that I can to convince them that I can be as effective remotely in my new role as I have been in my previous role.

I do expect you pipe in occasionally. I'm guessing you won't be able to resist. :D

BTW, When is it happening?

If I do move away, you can definitely count on me to pipe in often. :thumbsup: I'll definitely want to follow Greenville's development and news and I'm sure I'll have something to say about it all.

As for when it's happening, I don't know for sure, but I would expect it to be within the next year (preferably during the summer while my daughter's out of school).

I am reminded of a somewhat famous line from Dumb and Dumber, when Lloyd's dream girl tells him his chances of being with her are one in a million. He responds with, "So you're saying there's a chance!?" ;)

We will be keeping our fingers crossed that you can work it out with your company to stay in Greenville, RT.

It would definitely be Greenville's loss if you were to leave RT. Your great pics and insightful posts have been a great addition to UP as well.

I hope it works out that you can stay. Denver is very nice, but I was not as impressed with Colorado Springs. However, the whole state is very beautiful.

I think if you were going to move somewhere that you would somehow find familiar - Colorado Springs would be the city. Of course rather than Paris Mountain in the background you have Pike's Peak. But - and this isn't meant as an insult - with Greenville being fairly conservative, you will find a similar attitude in CO Springs, but particularly more with it's strong military prescence. But even though I vote democrat, that still wouldn't scare me - it's a beatiful city with a similar downtown. Downtown CO Springs has a very nice small town feel in downtown & I found it very pleasant (but I don't know how much urban activities are going on there). And yes, they do have their own cafes there :)

But considering I've said it myself - I eventually want to move out of Atlanta for Colorado, I'm obviously a CO booster.

• 1 year later...

Hello to all of my friends and neighbors on UrbanPlanet.

It's funny I say "neighbors" as one of you actually is my next-door neighbor; however, in a sense, UrbanPlanet has very much become my home over the past year or so. I had intended on remaining a very active and contributing part of this forum (and site) whether I remain in Greenville or move elsewhere; however, there are always those life-altering events and other things that come along which become priorities and one of those has recently cropped up for me in a MAJOR way, seemingly overnight and without hardly any warning even though the warning signs were there for quite some time.

So, I am afraid that I must become more withdrawn from UrbanPlanet. I'll still look in from time to time and lurk; however, I don't anticipate being an active participant in the discussions. That may change in a few months, with any luck; however, for now, it just will not be possible.

I just want to let you all know that you're a great group of individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life and I've found all of your thoughts very interesting during my time here. I'll definitely miss the interactions that we have here. I can see that this forum will most certainly continue to be thrive without me, so I feel comfortable with moving on to attend to other priorities. Thanks to everyone for the ideas, discussions, and debate. Thanks to Justin (Skyliner) and Steven (gsupstate) for their unwavering commitment to their Greenville. Thanks to Jonathan (Greenville) for his dedication to his chosen path and his bright outlook on things (and for sharing a birth date with me). Thanks to Tim (NYTransplant) for his inspiration to improve my photography skills. Thanks to Jacob (g-man430) for being a constant pain in my arse (you know I'm kidding, man...you're gonna turn out alright, my friend). Thanks to Ron (maninthepark) and Tom (Beowulf) for meeting up with me to take a few photos to share with you all. Thanks to Brian (breed) for being my first (and likely only) customer (I've got that print ready for you and will PM you to try to meet up this weekend, if possible). And, especially, thanks to Donovan (Neo) and Marc (monsoon) for providing this site for us all, without which our ideas/discussions/debates would be kept to ourselves.

It's been real!

Good to finally hear from you, RT! Thank you for the very kind and warm comments. Your many contributions to the Greenville community (your extended family) have been greatly appreciated by countless individuals you'll never meet in person. I wish you the best in every endeavor you pursue from this day forward, and trust your immediate family will benefit from your decisions. Words cannot adequately express my personal appreciation for your thoughtful insight and ideas on Greenville's growth. While I understand this is you feel is necessary for your own life, I will miss those respectable contributions and your unwavering inspirational support. You are a great person, Eric! :shades:

R.T I'm not the most articulate fellow in the world [just a hard a-- construction

worker] but I think I need to say this.

Back when I was just a lurker on this site, it was your witty, insightful comments

that made me want to get involved. And you inspired me with your photos to turn

my camera to things of beauty, instead of just using it for work.

I sincerely hope that what ever problems you are having in your life, will soon

work out for the best. My wife and I will be praying for you and your family.

Good luck R.T. It was an privilege to have met you sir.

I will check you out on Flickr

If you ever want a partner for another photo walk let we know, I'll go!

[email protected]

OK...one last pipe-in by me before I stick a fork in this. I just want to say, "thanks everyone!"

The forced relocation is no longer an issue, thankfully, so I'm free to move wherever I want. What's going to have my time consumed are some health issues that have come up with my mom, so I'll likely be splitting my time between here and Florida for several months to come, as much as I possibly can. That will mean very little time for anything else, especially UP and other online outlets that I've enjoyed (flickr, etc.). So, I figured it best to make a clean break of it rather than have people weeks later asking, "Where's RT been?"

Thanks, everyone!

P.S. If you've got any spare prayers to say, there's a beautiful lady in Ocala, Florida that could sure use them.

Eric,

I know its been forever since I've been online, but something drew me to log in today. Sometimes you wonder how life works like that. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom & she will be in my thoughts and prayers. You will definitely be missed on this forum. I do appreciate your kind words toward me, but my friend, it is now you who inspires me. Your work has far surpassed mine and is still improving.

Best Regards,

Tim

Archived