Nashville's Signiture Tower vs Charlotte's Wachovia 5

UrbanCharlotte

Will The Signiture Tower or Wachovia 5 be taller?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which will be

• Signiture Tower
    • Wachovia 5
    • Both will be the same height

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say whichever one gets built last will be the tallest, especially if ST attempts to add a few feet and top BOA Charlotte. Realizing of course design changes take time, money, and approvals all over the place...still....I believe Charlotte and Nashville both would try to outdo the other if either had adequate warning. It will be interesting for sure.

• 6 months later...

I would say whichever one gets built last will be the tallest, especially if ST attempts to add a few feet and top BOA Charlotte. Realizing of course design changes take time, money, and approvals all over the place...still....I believe Charlotte and Nashville both would try to outdo the other if either had adequate warning. It will be interesting for sure.

Well, we all know this now is completely untrue. Sig is now a pretty much definate win. But it's not always about size as stated before. It is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Well, we all know this now is completely untrue. Sig is now a pretty much definate win. But it's not always about size as stated before. It is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

our first skyscraper, the l&c tower, did too when it was built in the 50s. the signature will promote growth of some 600-700 ft towers in the cbd.

our first skyscraper, the l&c tower, did too when it was built in the 50s. the signature will promote growth of some 600-700 ft towers in the cbd.

I agree, that is how development starts, you have to have a trendsetter. I'm just saying it will at first. I really hope Nashville does get a lot more +500 footers.

I agree, that is how development starts, you have to have a trendsetter. I'm just saying it will at first. I really hope Nashville does get a lot more +500 footers.

Go over to the Nashville forum under "does anyone have renderings" (or something like that). One of the forum members did an excellent job of creating a rendering with Signature in the picture but he added a 700 foot building as well to show how even one additional building would balance it out.

In regard to Wachovia...don't count them out till the roof goes on.

Well, it appears the "person" posting that thread has no facts at all. Signature hasn't changed and is full steam ahead. I just hope Wachovia comes on with something unique as well. The competition only breeds great designs.

The most major thing in the rumor bin for Atlanta is the Trump Tower rumor. No details yet.

Archived